Chapter 2

The first cut is the deepest

And the scars remain abysmal

The echoes of the heartbreaks

Still persist to be real.

.

Does time really heal?

Or it only embalms a dead heart?

Can a wounded soul really have,

A new life and a fresh start?

.

But what lies underneath

All the camouflage?

Is it love or is it nothing?

Will the true smile ever show up on their visage?

Fall was lovely.

It was in its own personification a season of change, a season of chance. Where regeneration happened. Where the old went away, only for new to come.

To him, it was a second go at everything around. The leaves that fell, the flowers that bade goodbye, only for new ones to resurface. It was like bidding a teary yet hopeful farewell to your past, to your mistakes, only to pave way for new developments to surface, new hopes to conspire, and new thoughts to inspire.

Arnav Singh Raizada was a man of substance.

Crude, arrogant, manipulative, yet at the same time philosophical.And at the last piece of adjective, he would often be surprised at his own self.

His work defined him, right after his family of course, but since he never really got to spend abundant time with his family, thanks to their busy commitments, it was his work that turned out to be his much conspicuous worship.

When he was a child, he would often feel neglected not having his parents around much, but thanks to his maternal cousins Akash and Anjali, familial life was still bearable. Unfortunately, he hadn't realized at the earliest that the workaholics in his parents that he resented the most would be something that even he would grow up to become.

Yes, he was a workaholic, and quite proudly so.

It wasn't an everyday thing that you hold the designation of the chief executive officer of a company as grand and renowned as AR Designs.

At just 25, he was one of the most eligible bachelors and young business tycoons of Asia and no, he wasn't really modest about it.

He knew that he had worked hard for coming to that position and despite all his inner ordeals, he had managed to stand on his own feet.

Agreed, it was in his lineage and legacy to ascend the Raizada throne, but his father, Avinash Raizada was one particular man, who made sure Arnav achieved whatever he did by his own merit and credit.

And so he did.

Be it qualifying for Harvard or interning at some of the world's most popular business giants, before joining his own family business: AR.

As he spared a look at the window, the tall glass opening into the beautiful sight outside, all he could do was let out a deep sigh.

He stood up from his chair, and walked in quick strides towards the window, breathing in the view that this location had to offer, right from the 16th floor of his brand new office in New York City.

Yes, he was currently in the States, since the past 15 days, and he had quite a packed schedule here. After ruling the Asian market, AR was now all set to take off and be a fashion giant in the United States as well, and after two years of thorough planning, sequencing, discussing, envisioning, and executing, here he was, in his newly inaugurated office, which was on the 16th floor of Crystal Paradigm, New York.

He was juggling between a lot of work since the past one month and in the next two days he was all set to depart for New Delhi, where the next Indian Fashion Week was scheduled to take place.There was so much on his plate right now all at once.

Not that he was complaining.

As he grabbed his coffee mug from his desk, taking a small sip of his regular black coffee, he observed keenly how beautiful and lovely the scene looked outside his window.

The vibrant colors.