Ch. 5: Power Growth

Joanna's POV:
I don't know where I am, or who my captor is.

Seriously, I have a 2-year-old to take care of.

After my ex-boyfriend, Roman, and I broke up, me and my son, Sean Romulus Michaels, in which Michaels is my last name, and Romulus is Roman's full name, moved to Centium City, looking for a fresh start.

Next thing I know, after 2 years of living normally, I get taken in front of my job, where I work as a Counselor for teenager families, more specifically, teenage mothers.

It's a good job, pays good, and I can help others, like the Elite Force.

Anywho, I've been in captivity for 3 weeks, and no one's found me yet.

"Help! Skylar! Bree! Anybody!", I heard the other prisoner here shout.

Our captor brought him here last night.

From what I could hear, the dude had been through a lot, due to his heavy breathing.

"Dude, stop.", I sighed. "No one can hear us. Trust me, I've tried.", I added.

"You probably didn't try hard enough.", he aspirated. "I have to get home. I have a pregnant girlfriend at home.", he added, before sighing and sitting down.

"How far along is she?", I asked, curious.

"4 months.", he replied.

"Well, she must be one special girl.", I stated.

"She is.", he replied. "She's the most important girl to me.", he added. "Apart from my mom, of course.", he finished, chuckling.

"My name's Joanna.", I told her.

"Mine is Kaz.", he replied.

"So, do you happen to know who our captor is?", I asked, hopefully.

Then, he faltered.

"What? Who is it?", I asked, anxiously.

The next name that I heard was so shocking that I had to process it for a few seconds.

"His name is Rodissius.", he said.

All I could think of is the word "Why?".

Oliver's POV:
After what happened last night, I needed rest.

I slept til noon this morning.

I'm usually up around 8:00, checking on Sky.

She's been fine, both her and Bree.

Anywho, when I went downstairs to get something to eat, everyone was trying to get me to get back upstairs.

"Why are you guys treating me weird?", I asked, confused. "All I'm trying to do is get something to eat.", I added.

"We'll send it to you.", Chase stated, still pushing me back.

"Come on, guys. This is getting ridiculous.", I stated, annoyed.

Next thing I knew, I was in the kitchen, holding my plate.

Everyone was looking at me strangely.

"What?", I asked, innocently.

Everyone, except for Skylar, stayed quiet, and shocked faces.

"Did you not see what you did?", she asked, shocked.

"No. Why, what happened?", I asked, confused.

Then, Bree started talking, and what she said was so unbelievable, that I started laughing.