Ch. 8 - The Rescue

Oliver's POV:
I open my eyes slowly, despite feeling very dizzy.

To my right, Kaz and everyone else was getting up the same way I was doing; slow and painful.

"Where are we?", I groaned.

"Where are you, indeed.", Rodissius stated, making all of us get into a fighting position.

"You'll never get away with this, Rodissius.", I stated.

"Father, why are you doing this?", Roman asked. "You used to be good. We can be again.", he added, pleading.

"Oh, but son, being bad feels so much better.", Rodissius replied.

Then, Kaz, Joanna, and I got the same look, nodded, and clapped our hands, having us merge into the superhero we all know and love; Jokoli.

"I know that attitude.", we stated. "Danir, I know you're there.".

Then, a blade out of nowhere was thrown at us, but we quickly turned, catching it in between our pointer and middle fingers.

"Just saying; that was cool.", I stated in our mind.

"Stay focused.", Jokoli thought.

Then, we heard a whoosh, and Chase, Skylar, and Bree popped out of nowhere.

They had someone else with them, but I couldn't make them out, due to them moving at super-speed.

After a few moments, the person stopped right in front of us(A/N Us means Jokoli), his body steady, but his head was still moving at super-speed.

"What; don't trust us?", we stated.

"No; I just don't want you guys to break your concentration before-.", he started, using vocal manipulation before he caught a knife, aimed at us.

"The battle is over.", he finished. "Chase, Rodissius escaped during the knife fiasco, but I put a tracker on him, so tell Leo to activate it, and follow the signal.", he commanded.

"Got it.", Chase stated, walking out of the room. "Roman and Adam, go with him.", he added, with Roman dematerializing and Adam running behind him, following Chase.

"Skylar and Bree, you-", he continued, before faltering.

He looked like he was in pain since he was grabbing his head.

"Okay, everyone stops thinking all at once.", he groaned, rubbing his temples.

"Fine, Skylar and Bree, you can stay here, but I'm gonna have to do something real quick.", he stated, speeding off.

After a few seconds, he came back.

"Okay, this won't hurt a bit.", he stated, before placing his hands on Skylar and Brees' bellies.

After a few seconds, he picked his hands up, and stated: "Okay, now you can stay here.".

"Now, who is the missing?", I thought, slyly.

"I was about to get to Jokoli, Oliver.", he stated, shocking me. "Now, Oliver, you guys are going to help me defeat this knife-throwing-", he started, before catching another knife.

"This guy is really starting to piss me off.", he started, before super speeding into the shadows.

"Is that who I think it is?", I thought.

Yes, now pay attention, I heard Jokoli say in my head.

This is cool, working with Quantum himself.