Chapter 4:

Georgia walks the streets of Jackson Alabama with Jimmy Bruges holding her hand. He takes her down the main street while Georgia looks longingly at the beautiful window designs that are showcased for the people to see. Jimmy is talking about his insurance company. Talking about how many peoples homes and cars have been saved this week all thanks to his lovely staff and his organized secretary's. That is what Georgia's job is: a secretary. She works for Robert Cumming's bank. She is almost like his assistant, but does his files and meeting plannings. She enjoy her job. She is excellent at it and Robert always makes a point of telling her so each day. But she also longs for doing something else. Something she could make a hobby out of. She wants to be an artist. She wants to be able to paint. Not landscapes or portraits, but just illustrate her own imagination and showcase her original talent. As they chat and get to know bits and pieces of each other, Georgia stops and stares wide eyed at a jewelry store window showcase. In the center of the window design is a marble table with a fur cloth draped elegantly across it. And upon that fur is a large velvet box with a delicate extravagant necklace with medium sized diamonds dangling off of it. It's by the far the most beautiful piece of jewelry she has ever seen. She grabs Jimmy's arm and pulls him to stop.

"Jimmy look at it. It's incredible." Georgia gasps. He smiles down at her and looks up to the immaculate necklace.

"Is it ever." He looks into the store through the glass and reads the title of the store. It reads Tiffany and Co. He nods his head and realizes how much it would cost. He looks at Georgia and sees she is still gazing at it. "Well come on in and we'll get a closer look." Georgia stares at him and replies,

"Oh John no I just wanted to stare at it. I'm quite fine really."

"Nonsense. Let's take a look inside." They walk into the store both of their hearts beating rapidly. Jimmy's because of the cost and Georgia's because she is so excited. "Excuse ma'am you have a diamond necklace on display the center one. May my girlfriend here try it on?" Jimmy asks. She nods her head and goes to one of the glass cases filled with diamond necklaces and reaches for the most beautiful one there. Georgia's eyes are as a big as saucers. The woman places the necklace on Georgia's chest lightly and does it up at the back. The necklace is heavy on Georgia's chest but she likes the heaviness. She walks to a mirror and fixes her gaze upon the necklace and the way it looks upon her. She becomes insecure. She feels like a wannabe in the necklace. She isn't a city girl. She's from a self reliant town. She goes to take it off but Jimmy catches her arm. "Do you not like it Goe?"

"Well I love it but it doesn't suit me." She replies shyly. He cocks an eyebrow at her. "You know, I'm just a small town girl with the knock off string of pearls. Not the girl who shops at Tiffany and Co."

"Well you could if you wanted to. Listen, you are so much more than a small town girl. Coming from your roots, you have more class than I bet, than all of the women who shop here. And probably most of the men too." He says with a wink.

"More than you?" She asks teasingly.

"Oh I wouldn't go that far sweetheart." She chuckles and he feels glad that he made her smile. "Now, put that back on and let's see if you change your mind." The worker places the necklace back around her neck and stands back so Georgia can observe. She looks herself up and down ten times and her eyes fall not on the necklace but she fixes her stare into herself. She thinks to herself, "you are so much more than Wintin." She looks at the necklace one more time and smiles.

"I love it." She breathes. Jimmy smiles.

"Excuse me ma'am can we please have this taken to the till? We are going to purchase it." Jimmy orders. The lady takes the necklace off and has it brought up.