BB'sBF3

Kara's P. O. V.

What the hell? He was walking away? Wow, cause a scene then walk away why don't you? I'm baffled why I like him, in general really.

I stood up and ran after him whilst calling his name. He completely ignored me. He kept walking back towards the cafeteria doors. I ran up right in front of him and put my arms between us to stop him from walking and they landed on his chiselled chest and he halted.

He looked down at me. His vision briefly lingered on my lips but then he quickly narrowed his eyes at them, glaring. I looked down at my feet and put my arms down and fiddled with my fingers. That was rather rude and offensive. I knew he didn't feel the same way but he didn't have to act like I'm revolting. I wasn't up to his standard but I was still his best friend, one he  already knew had a low self esteem she was trying to build.

I looked at him again and sounded hurt, "You obviously don't feel the same way about me but it was just uncalled for when you glare at my face you know."

Jace's P. O. V.

Ugh. I lost focus and started fantasising about her lips. I saw that she noticed my line of vision and then I immediately glared at those inviting lips. Gawd, now she thought I was disgusted. Far from it.

"Look, there is something called freedom of expression." I replied her arrogantly. I had to keep up my act.

Her lips slightly parted at my blunt statement. I smirked for the extra effect and added, "Us will never happen. Seriously Kara, you need to get over it. I need us to be the best friends we're meant to be. I need to go out with hot babes and you need to wake up from fucking dream land, okay? Gawd you're starting to seem desperate for my attention, whether it's passionate affection or sympathy. I'm gorgeous, I get it but honestly why would you expect me to go further with you?" I looked at her incredulously.

Every insult I had thrown at her tasted sour coming out of my mouth. I saw her heart break with every blow of my words. Her eyes glossed over and she looked at me with a bewildered look. Questioning herself why she fell for a heartless monster. A single tear dropped and I would've wiped it away immediately but that'd just make the last few minutes useless. I could see that 'reality,' or so I wanted her to believe, was settling in. She was slowly 'getting the message'.

"We need to get past this Kara. It's pointless and such high school bullshit, okay?" I asked.

She never argued with me, never. I think she just took whatever I offered her to soothe herself. I'm such a dick.

She nodded. I gave her a hug that she didn't return. She just stood there.

"See you later, Kara!" I shouted pretending I didn't just crush her heart a second ago. I turned on my heel and went back to school. I looked over my shoulder as I opened the double doors to the cafeteria only to see my beautiful Kara on her knees in the middle of the empty yard with her head in her hands, shaking slightly as sobs wrecked her sweet body. I felt numb. I did that to her and I didn't comfort her. All for my selfish reasons. I just left her to deal with herself.