Savior

You woke up in a familiar white room and a comfortable floor for you to lie down. Wait,

Floor?

You jolted up from the comfort and looked around. White curtains. Tacky bed. A vase filled with almost-wilted flowers.

You're in the hospital.

There was something at the back of your right hand, some sort of a wire that connected to the IV fluid. The monitor that beeped your heartbeat was heard beside you. Then suddenly you heard someone came into your room, but you can't see the person because of the long curtain that covered your line of sight. When you saw a silhouette from the back of the curtain, somehow it made you sweatdropped. Was it your savior?

It was just the nurse, and she was just as surprised as you when she came towards you, all awake and confused. The tray that she held with some needles and meds almost fell from her grasp.

"Doctor! The patient's awake!" She called to the doctor. The faint sounds of footsteps was no longer heard as she already left the room. You only stared at the almost wilted flowers at your bedside. Petals had already fall from the stalk, it was a bunch of daisies; the bellis kind of daisies. You estimated that you had gone unconscious for almost three whole days. But when you tried to remember what happened, you can't remember. One thing for sure, who was your savior?

Then the sounds of the door opening told you that the doctor's here. You finally saw the man in his twenties, along with the nurse that just came in a few seconds ago. You never liked doctors, but good thing that the one in front of you is not ugly.

"Ah, so as the nurse says. You're finally awake. How are you feeling?" The deep voice of the doctor vibrated through your soul, you were a bit in a trance before you could answer him.

"Fine, I-I guess." You croaked, now realizing that your throat was a bit parched.

"Good. You breathed quite a massive volume of smoke back there, good thing your asthma didn't trigger." The nurse came with a glass of water in hand, which you obligedly took it and drank the whole liquid. It took you almost 10 seconds for you to realize what he just said. You choked back a bit and looked at the doctor. Wait wait wait wait.....

Asthma?

"I'm sorry, a-asthma?" You asked in disbelief.

"Oh, you don't know? Well, while I checked your vitals and conditions, seems like you just diagnosed asthma; but not to worry, it's not very critical; but you still have to take caution. I'll give the prescriptions and the medicine when you can get out from the hospital." He explained. Great. A disease, just the thing that you wanted in this kind of situation.

"I guess I leave you to rest. If everything's okay, you can discharge after a couple of days." He already turned his heel to leave, but suddenly you thought of something and called out to him.

"Wait!" The doctor stopped and looked at you curiously.

"D-Do you know w-who sent me here?" You asked. The doctor thought about it for a while, then he answered,

"If I'm not mistaken, a man named Kusanagi sent you here. You know that man?" That actually disappoint you, but relief at the same time. You nodded at him without saying anything.

"Anything else you want to know?" The doctor asked. You thought for a while before you continued.

"Is Mr. Kusanagi the one that saved me?" You asked.

"Well, no actually. He did visit you these past few days, but there's also this one man came to visit you the day that you were sent to the hospital. A weird fellow, but he's the one that put the flowers in that vase." He pointed out the wilted flowers beside you, and you turned to look a them. This is your chance, you thought.