2

Aurora

After those words left my mouth I push past him and I make my way over to my beat up truck. I throw my bag in my car and I hop in the front seat, slamming the door once I'm all the way in. I pull out of the driveway, tears blurring my vision, but at this point I don't care. In this moment I honestly couldn't care less if I was in a car accident, leaving me dead. I drove for hours, until my car beeps, saying that I'm low on gas. I take the next exit and I pull into a Speedway. With puffy, red eyes, I make my way into a gas station, to grab something to eat, and to pay for my gas. I go to the back and I grab a water bottle, not wanting to eat after what my mat-ex mate said when he rejected me. After paying for gas and the water bottle, I head back out to my car. I put my hand on the door handle when an intense pain emerges in my chest. A strained gasp escapes my lips as my right hand grasps my chest. I hunch over in pain.

'Ashe what's going on?' I desperately ask my wolf.

'It's our mate,' Ashe whimpers. 'He's mating with someone else.' As salty tears fall down my cheeks, I fall over onto the ground. The pain taking over my entire body.

I jolt awake when that familiar pain fills my chest. I look towards my clock as see that it says '2:45' am. This has become a pattern, I have a dream about the rejection and then I wake up at '2:45' in the morning and then I can't seem to close my eyes without the memory of that night creeping back into my thoughts. I throw my covers off of my body and I head down to the kitchen, not caring how I look or who I run into. I grab a water bottle from the fridge and the supplies needed to make a full breakfast. Once I started making the bacon, half of the pack was sitting at the dining room table, eagerly waiting for their breakfast. I chuckle to myself on how childish they all look. I bring in their breakfast. Once I walk in the room goes silent. Jack looks up at me, amusement sparkling in his eyes.

"What's the special occasion, Alpha?" He asks as I place his plate of food in front of him. I laugh.

"What? I can't make my pack breakfast every once in awhile?" I ask between laughs.

"Is it the fact that we're visiting your mates pack?" The pack slut and second best warrior, Olivia smugly asks. She fake gasps and puts a hand over her mouth. "Oh wait, your ex-mate's pack. My mistake." I growl.

"I suggest you watch your mouth when you're talking to me, Olivia," I say through gritted teeth, my eyes changing color. Fear flashes in her eyes, but she quickly covers it with a smirk.

"Or what?" She spits. "You'll kill me?" I walk over to her and I pick her up by her throat.

"As of right now," I growl. "Death isn't such a bad option." I turn my head to face my pack, still holding Olivia by her throat. Once I look at my pack, their heads quickly snap down, looking at the ground.

"Anyone who disrespects me like this," I begin. "Will be punished. No matter what their rank, or how good of a fighter you are. Disrespecting me is punishable by death. Do I make myself clear?"

"Yes Alpha," They all say in response. I nod my head in approval, as I turn my attention back to Olivia, who is trying to pull my hands off of her neck, struggling to breathe.

"As for you, " I spit. "You better learn your place, before I put you in your place, and that Olivia, is something you sure as hell shouldn't want. Got it?" She nods her head and I remove my hand from her throat. Once my hand released her she falls to the floor, gasping for air. I take a step back, before I begin walking back to my room. After taking a shower, changing, and putting my hair in a ponytail, I make my way down to the training room, to train until it's time to leave. I begin running around the track, focusing on anything and everything but him. I run two miles, which wasn't hard because ya know, werewolf speed and stamina and all. I head over to the mat area and I start doing push-ups, sit-ups, the usual routine. Not even breaking a sweat I head over to the treadmill. As I'm running on the treadmill, someone taps my shoulder. I stop running and I turn around to see Luke. He looks overly tired and pissed.. Did something happen that I'm not aware of?