•TWO•

•Aaliyah's POV•

The day Ja'far was born was a glorious day.

It may seem far fetched that I remember it being so little, but strange enough, I do.

My parents weren't ready to have another child. They were not fit to have one child, let alone two. And I wasn't ready to become an older sister, I wasn't wanting the pest to look up to me. But then again, I didn't want to grow up alone. I rarely left the house, and barely met anyone outside the family.

"It's a son." My father called out as the midwife handed him to my mother.

I had gotten up to see the small infant I would spend my life with, "Name?"

"Haven't thought about it." My mother said handing me the child.

I was so small back then that I could barely hold him for ten seconds before the midwife took him throwing my mother a dirty look as she took a swig of whatever the hell was in her flask.

"Ja'far." I said confidently, looking at him, "His name will be Ja'far."

"Sounds okay." My father said exiting the tent.

The midwife put him in a small crib before asking me if she could step out for a bit. Throwing another look at my mother who had already fallen asleep, flask still in her hand. Then pulled up a stool for me to stand on and look at him.

So as I made sure nobody could hear me I began to speak, "Don't worry brother. I will always protect you, you can rely on me rather than our parents. I swear if you tell anyone this I'll end you but, I think over time I may grow to love you."

And as I finished talking, Ja'far opened his eyes for the first time. My turquoise eyes were met with amazing orbs of black.

"I will always protect you Ja'far, no matter what I have to do."

•Two Years Later•

My parents missed Ja'far's first words. Which we were 'cunt' by the way, thanks to their lack of knowledge about how to act around children. His first steps. They have missed most of his life and they no longer make any money.

I got an offer about two months ago for an assassin agency. And from what I understand the wages are nice. And considering I've never really had a friend/any kind of relationship before I don't have a problem in killing. The problem is that I'd have to leave Ja'far with Mother and Father, Alone. I've never left Ja'far. Ever.

But if this is going to work then I'm going to have to work as well.

So I got dressed. Which FYI is harder than I thought. I've never even been in the village before. I've been isolated my entire life, and I don't know how to dress at all.

But even after I was dressed I couldn't bring myself to leave. The second Ja'far looked me in the eyes, I melted. And I couldn't leave without him.

"Fine." I huffed picking him up and deciding that I could just drop him off at the midwife's home for today.

His big doe eyes caught mine as we started walking and asked, "Where Going?"