NINE

"well, aren't you just gorgeous?

yoongi looks up to see a boy, probably taller than him in a yellow shirt, light-washed denims, and a red snapback resting atop his head. yoongi takes in his physical appearance. eyes bright, hair black and silky, features sharp and charismatic. shit, yoongi thinks. he's hotter in person.

"jung hoseok," yoongi says monotonously. "you're..." he lifts his wrist to check his watch. "six minutes and thirty-two seconds late."

hoseok slumps in the chair in front of yoongi before leaning in closer, an elbow in the table and his cheek pressed against his hand. "can i make it up to you by buying you coffee, then?"

"smooth," yoongi says. "i want the most expensive thing on the menu then."

"feisty," hoseok declares with a smirk on his face. "anything else?"

"the most expensive dessert too, please."

hoseok grins, and yoongi can't help but notice the heart shape his cupid's bow is forming. "all for my boyfriend!"

it takes a while for the older to process what he had just said. "w-what the—?" yoongi evidently splutters.

hoseok looks at him, amused. "if you want this relationship to seem predictable, you gotta have to get used to being called things like that..." hoseok stands up to walk to the counter, but not before turning to yoongi.

"...babe." hoseok finishes with a smirk on his face.

a/n
sorry for being dead