CHAPTER 13

~~

"What the F*ck!"

"What the hell!"

They both had almost choked on the soft drink that they now held in their hands, their eyes widened as UFOs seeing the apparent Garima Aunty's Daughter' and Ratna Aunty's Son,' respectively.

This can't be happening.

That Psycho Gupta is Garima Aunty's daughter!?'

No way in hell! This ain't true!

This arrogant, self-obsessed jerk can't be Ratna Aunty's son!?'

They had thought at the same time.

Both had mutually decided in their heads that this unexpected bumping-into-each other would not be disclosed to anyone in the college. They hated each other enough, alongside their opposite streams to even take a chance of discussing about each other in front of their classmates.

No way!

But little did they know that this one unexpected confrontation was going to be the gateway of many more such confrontations in the future"ones that would lead them to a place they could have never ever thought of.

.

.

Family Meet-2

Avinash Singh Raizada's Birthday Party

He was bored already! He wanted to go on a long drive with his friends, but of course his father was way too important for him, and so he had deliberately agreed to stay back. But now it was getting really boring.

With every aunties and uncles alongside their daughters, and sons, Arnav was tired of plastering that fake smile on his face and behaving as if meeting these people was like winning a Grammy for singing skills he didn't even possess!

He was all set to make a move, contemplating ways of sneaking around when suddenly he saw her entering the mansion with her parents.

And for the very first time in ages, Arnav Singh Raizada hadn't rolled his eyes like he normally would, on seeing Khushi Kumari Gupta.

Dressed in a knee length red bodycon dress, she was looking every bit of a woman. With her milky white complexion, minimal make-up, and hazel eyes, the fabric of the dress fit so well with every curve on her body and the red color, his favorite color, had only complimented her flawless skin so much, against the very natural blush that adorned her cheeks.

Stop it Arnav! Stop Checking Out Khushi Gupta!'

His conscience had very sensibly rung those words. But that one little dominant devil in his mind didn't let him turn his gaze away from her and suddenly all of his plans of sneaking out from the party took a backseat.

.

Khushi was very well aware of a pair of brown eyes staring at her. Normally he won't even look at her. Heck, they won't look at each other! Then why was he staring at her today like she was some kind of a basketball tournament trophy that he was obsessed to win?

Minutes had passed since she had entered the party but in regular intervals whenever she would look at that one particular direction, she would find him still looking at her. And the very realization made her feel extremely self-conscious.

Does this dress make me look fat?'

She had asked herself unaware that the real reason he was staring at her was a fine mixture of his hormonal hikes, attraction, as well as desire.