one

one;calum's pov

Sitting patiently in my seat, I blasted music through my earbuds,observing people who walk past me. My best friend Michael, stands in the corner,talking to his Mom on the phone,trying to ignore the loud chit chat and moves of luggage carts inside the airport.

"Calum!" Startled by someone calling my name, I look up to find my sister Mali-Koa running up to me. I stand up as she engulfs me in a hug. Pulling away, she then ruffles my hair,smiling. She pushes her blonde dyed hair back behind her ears, then crossing her arms. "We haven't seen each other in a year or longer?"

"Considering I'm much taller than you now, I guess around 2 years." I smirked as Mali punched my arm lightly. "Freakin hell, it's good to see you."

"Hey it's Mali!" Michael sneaks behind me as Mali then high fives him. "Good to see you Mikey. Geez, can't believe you both are here in San Francisco."

"Says the one who wanted to accompany you to Jessica's wedding."

Mali rolls her eyes pointing to our luggages behind us. "Grab your luggages,we should go get some coffee and food to eat. I can tell Michael didn't enjoy his flight."

I look to Michael with a confused facial expression. Of course he's hungry. Even though the flight from Los Angeles to here was only two hours, he refused to eat food on the plane. All he wanted was a slice of pizza.

The main reason we're here is due to Mali's best friend Jessica getting married in about a month. When the two of them came over to LA, I toured them around the area with Michael and our other two friends Luke and Ashton. Jessica wanted to thank us for what the boys and I have done to help, so I guess we're invited to a wedding now.

"Make sure to tell Luke and Ashton to call me when they arrive here." Mali reminds me as I nod my head. "Luke will come once he's done with his little trip to New York and Ashton is still in Australia, home with his family."

"Well hey, if I meet a pretty girl, Luke won't have to ruin it for me! Thank God." Michael puffed a sigh of relief.

Mali shook her head,smiling. "Good luck with that."

As we excited the airport, we walked straight to an elevator across from a gift shop. As the doors opened, it led to a hall leading straight to the entrance to the parking lot. There was a large landscape viewed window of the airplanes coming in and out and a few parked to different terminals.

Almost losing Mali as she walked way too far ahead of Michael and I, we rushed a little,finally catching up to her.

"Ok, since I live a little outside the downtown city of San Francisco, there's a lot of tour spots to go. You guys can do that once you meet Jessica and her sister."

"Since when did Jessica have a sister?" Michale raised his eyebrow,in confusion.

"You dumbo, Jessica talks about her all the time!" I snickered,lifting up the trunk door to Mali's car.

Mali lifted up my luggage on to the trunk,stacking Michael's on top.

"Well, let's get going shall we?" Mali smiled.

-

As Mali parked the car, I unbuckled my seatbelt. Michael in the backseat behind me, couldn't stop singing to songs on the radio, being a show stopper.

"There's tea and coffee in this place, so help yourself. I'm also supposed to meet Jessica's sister here. Please bear with me on this."

"You know I'm just going to buy a panini and a large coffee, I'm too hungry to do anything right now." Michael grunted in complaint.

Closing the car door, I walk to the entrance of the cafe. As I step afoot inside, I can smell the aroma of coffee. My eyes trail to a large spreadsheet menu on top.

As I look around, there is a few handful of people scattered in different tables.

Glancing to my left, I focus on one girl particularly. She looked really familiar. With her black rimmed glasses, her black hair and tan complexation, she reminded me of someone.

"Yvonne!" Mali immediately yelled. She walked quickly to the girl as Michael and I awkwardly glance at each other. No wonder Mali knows her. She's Jessica's sister.

"Calum, you've been staring at Yvonne for a little while..." Michael trails off as he snaps his finger trying to get my attention.

Ignoring his words,the two of us walk over to where Mali and Yvonne were talking.

"Guys!! Meet Yvonne, she's one of Jessica's sisters. Their other sister Karla is flying in a week from tomorrow."

Yvonne looks to me as she smiles,sticking out her right hand. "You must be Calum."

"Yea. Nice to meet you." I muttered.

"I'm Michael,but you can call me Mikey!"

Yvonne laughed and shook his hand. "I'll take note of that."

"Well I'll order our food, you guys sit with Yvonne." Mali then leaves the three of us awkwardly alone. We sat at the table in pure silence as Yvonne just continued working on her laptop.

Michael started the conversation with Yvonne. So far all I know she's the same age as us, loves alternative music, and coffee.

"Excuse me I'll just go to the bathroom." Michael smiled as he stood up from his chair,smirking at me.

Damn it Michael.

As soon as he walked away, Yvonne closed her laptop,pushing her black rimmed glasses up her nose. She looked to me smiling.

"Mali has told me a lot about you."

"Is it good or bad?" I raised my eyebrow,a bit embarrassed and baffled.

Yvonne shook her head, laughing. "No it's all good actually. She talks about how much you love dogs and how you're the chef out of your friends, it's pretty great to be honest."

"Why don't I cook up something for you in the future?"

"Sure. I'd like that." Yvonne nodded her head. She then tapped her fingers on her laptop,looking out the window.

I just smiled,feeling a bit shocked. To be honest, I wasn't really good with girls. There were a few who'd throw themselves at me but I wouldn't react to them at all. I really wasn't in the mood for having a girlfriend, I never seemed to get attached to anyone.

But with Yvonne, I feel like something is different already. It's as if Mali told many things to her that makes her know me a bit too well.

I'm kind of glad she does.

- -

Chapter 1 completed! Ok please tell me your feedback! Don't worry they won't be as awkward as they are at the moment. Please note I did write an SF Luke fanfic on my other account but this does have a different plot line!

Comment and vote please! It means so much to me if you do! xx