Heartbreak Can Happen In New Orleans

Don't be mislead by the Yoonmin picture but don't you see how ADORABLE it is?!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After the performance from Taehyung, the five men went to enjoy some Cafe Du Monde. Yoongi and Hoseok were being domestic as usual, Taehyung and Jeongguk might or might not be staring at each other the whole time and Jimin, being the fifth wheel, was not happy at all but the beignets and coffee were out of this world.

"How is it, Jimin? Jeongguk?" Hoseok asked when he realized that there are three other people sitting with him and his boyfriend. Jimin nodded curtly and Jeongguk ate another beignet to show his answer. "Looks like it's amazing." Yoongi was still worried about Jimin. Why was he acting like this since he landed? It should be a happy reunion, not a regretful reunion. Taehyung's hand went on Jimin's knee.

"Calm down dude. You look like you want to explode." Taehyung said. Jimin shook his head.

"No, not exploding." Jimin answered, sipped on his coffee and continued to glare at something. Taehyung shared a worried glance with Jeongguk.

"I'm scared."

"He's just heartbroken. He'll be better soon, I promise." Jeongguk said.

"Still?" Taehyung asked. "It has been four years, Jimin."

"I know." Jimin snapped.

"So why are you still heartbroken. I thought you would be better by now. Had someone else."

"No one can replace Yoongi hyung, Tae, you know that." Jeongguk shooked his head at Taehyung.

"Don't Taehyung." Jeongguk warned.

"That's the problem. Jimin, get over him, please. For your own sake." Taehyung said, pushing the last button. Jimin was done with this. He stood up from the chair and everyone stared at him.

"I WILL NEVER!" Jimin yelled and ran out the cafe. The other customers were confused about the man who screamed in whatever language and then they started eating like nothing happened. A waiter came outside and went to their table.

"Hope, is that your friend?" the waiter asked.

"Yes he is William. I'll get him. He's just... mad about something I don't know about." Hoseok answered. Yoongi got up too.

"I know why." Yoongi said and walked out the cafe. Jeongguk, Taehyung and Hoseok looked at the older's retreating figure and the three ran after him. Jimin was sitting by Lake Pontchartrain, crying in his arms. Taehyung is his best friend. Why didn't he understand? Taehyung had a person he pined over but Jimin didn't say a thing. A presence loomed over him and sat next to him.

"Jimin-ah." the voice said. "Why did you run like that?" Jimin raised his head and looked at the person next to him. It was no other than Yoongi. "I know you still love me but you have to get over me. When we broke up, I got over you quickly and started dating Hoseok. It will happen to you soon. Four years is too long." Yoongi patted the younger's back. "You can't pine after me all those years. Can't you see how happy I am with Hoseok? This will be you soon with someone special. I am not the person."

"But Yoongi hyung, I love you." Yoongi was dreaded to hear those words. It just didn't feel right like 4 years ago. Hoseok was smiling softly at his boyfriend's attempts to comfort Jimin. He rolled around the box in his pocket. "I don't want to be with anyone else." Jimin buried his face in Yoongi's neck and started crying again. Yoongi hugged the younger and continued to pat his back.

"Jiminie... Jimin-ah, please get over me soon okay?" Jimin placed a kiss on Yoongi's neck and nodded. Yoongi was a bit shocked by the kiss. Luckily, it went unnoticed by Hoseok but Jeongguk saw.

'Why do I feel like this is not over?' Jeongguk thought. Yoongi and Jimin got up and saw the others.

"He's alright." Yoongi said. Jimin looked at Jeongguk and the younger realized at that moment that Jimin won't stop being in love with Yoongi in a long time.

"I think there are other places to be explored." Hoseok said. "Let's go around the streets and I will go pay William." As he went inside, Taehyung hugged Jimin, whispered apologies and wiped his tears.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to trigger you. I wanted you to be better. Seeing you in this state makes me really miserable. If you are miserable, I am miserable. That is what best friends do." Taehyung stated and squished Jimin's cheeks.

"Can you not with my cheeks?" Jimin asked, irritated.

"He's back to normal!" Taehyung cheered and Jeongguk laughed even though Jimin didn't seem okay.

"Let's go tour around." Yoongi said when Hoseok came back out. He grabbed the younger's hand and went. Jimin went after them and Jeongguk and Taehyung stood there.

"I have a question, Jeongguk." Taehyung said.

"Yes?" Jeongguk asked.

"Why did you say that you will never hurt me? Is there something Jimin and Yoongi hyung told you?" Jeongguk sighed and took Taehyung in his arms.

"They think I will hurt you and leave you. I will never do something cruel to you. I will go against the world if anyone hurts or makes you feel like shit." Taehyung looked up and Jeongguk's gaze was unwavering.

"Jeongguk..." Jeongguk closed the gap between them and placed a hand on Taehyung's cheek.

"I won't die. I will survive and we will be together at the end." Taehyung's eyes were glistening.

"Jeongguk-ah, if you don't feel the same way as me, don't risk it just to make me happy."

"Who said I don't have feelings for you?"

"I was just wondering. I thought I was just a one night stand." Jeongguk kissed the older again.

"You are not a one night stand. I want a love to blossom between us." Taehyung smiled and kissed Jeongguk. Yoongi looked back at the two and smiled.

'The kid was dead serious when he told me that he won't hurt Taehyung.' Yoongi thought. 'He is a keeper.' Hoseok looked back too and stopped.

"Hey you two!" Hoseok called. Jeongguk and Taehyung looked at them. "Let's go!"

"Shall we go?" Jeongguk asked. Taehyung nodded, intertwining their fingers.

"Yes." Taehyung replied. "Wait for us!"