Chapter 5

Chapter 5

            My eyes fluttered open with excitement. My mom wasn’t home yet and I still had a few more evenings to get my party girl reputation higher than before. I leaped off of the couch I had been sleeping on and I sprinted over to May who had been sleeping peacefully.

             I poked her until she finally opened her large gray eyes to glare at me. I smirked when she went on yelling about how all I care about is myself, and how I didn’t even care about her enough to let her have her beauty sleep.

             She started muttering of hating me when I started laughing. I laughed until I fell over onto the couch she had been sleeping on. By then she has cursed and stalked off into the bathroom, slamming the door.

               I smiled and walked off into the kitchen and started checking on my secret alcohol supply I kept behind the green olives everyone, except for my hated. I pushed the olives back until I could see the wine, which was the first row of alcohol. There was one bottle. I stood up frowning and grabbed a piece of paper to make a list. I snatched a pen from behind the sink and wrote down “wine, beer and vodka.”

                After I went and looked at my food supply; it still being intact I allowed it to pass the inspection.

              Calling out to May I walked into my bathroom and studied myself. My green eyes looked ok, but my mascara was low so I carefully applied a thick coat. Then I brushed out my brown straight hair that was cut to frame my face. When it was finished the tips of my hair touched just below my bras wire. I smiled at myself in the mirror. My Gonzaga jersey hung far from my body but still was presentable.

                I frowned when I applied makeup trying to cover my large, very noticeable freckles.  I groaned when they wouldn’t disappear. Frustrated I turned on my heel, and stormed out the front door straight to my truck.

               Sticking my keys into its key hole I started the truck and sped down the road carelessly. I waved at little girls who were in swimming suits out by the river, braiding each other’s hair. A tear fell down my cheek when I thought of my sister less life. I cried all the way to the store.

              Upon getting there I manned up and rubbed my mascara marks off my face before opening the truck’s door and slamming it shut. Life sucks; I mean what can you do about? Cry? Hell no! You live your crappy life out to its full potential and smile when people look your way. Hide the tears for your pillow.

            With that thought in mind a walked down the aisles of the store to the alcoholic section in the back. I grabbed some wine and a couple of boxes of beer and turned to look for an ownerless shopping cart.

           I spotted one and dropped my stuff and walked over and brought it back with me. Carefully, I loaded the cart with my bitter beverages.

            When I looked over my shoulder I spotted the one and one, Darik. Oh goody. I stopped and waited for him to catch up.

            “Cas I didn’t know after we broke up you resorted to thievery!” he said with a smirk. I looked down at my shopping cart and saw a wallet. Oh crap! I took his shopping cart and accidently walked off with his wallet.

             “I didn’t mean to, I swear. I just grabbed a random one! I didn’t even check to see what was in it!” I said blushing fiercely.

                 “It’s ok, I understand. When we used to hangout you used to do the same thing, but you usually checked for purses and crap first.” He said unable to meet my eyes. He didn’t even say when we were dating! He just said ‘when we used to hangout’!

                  I smiled but didn’t say anything. He left with his wallet and I walked over to the cash register. Pulling out a fake ID I smiled at the sexy cashier and invited him to my party I was having tonight.

                    Walking over to my car I smiled. Don’t let the world beat you!

---------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N~ Please someone anyone comment or vote!!!!!!!!!!