iii. friends & enemies

3. FRIENDS & ENEMIES

' you two are
basically the
same person, right? '

' you two are basically the same person, right? '

"This is aunt Ginger." Fiona said, smiling as she gestured towards the crinkly old woman in our living room. The old lady looked around, the smile never fading from her lips.

Lip and I had deemed her as crazy, but Debbie insisted that she was a sweet old lady. We all knew that she only felt this attached to Aunt Ginger since she never had a grandmother figure in her life. Some part of me felt bad for her.

The well-dressed lady at our door looked at Aunt Ginger disapprovingly. The lady had come by our house a few days ago, talking about our house, aunt ginger, and how she needed to see our beloved aunt.

The only problem was that the real aunt ginger was dead. So, instead, fiona and debbie had gone out to some elderly home, borrowed some crazy old lady, and put her here as aunt ginger.

The lady seemed downright annoyed after a few minutes of aunt ginger's rambling, and soon decided that everything was fine here. We had the house.

And now we could all finally relax.

"You and Steve like a thing now?" I asked, plopping down on the couch, relaxing just as the door swung shut behind Steve.

Fiona looked at me, and shrugged, "I guess."

"I don't think fucking each other makes you a thing." Lip called out from the kitchen.

"Oh says you. You and Karen are basically fuck-buddies." I said with a laugh.

"At least we're getting something." Lip said, walking into the living room and sitting down next to me.

"Better if you don't Isabelle, seeing as you're 16." Fiona said sternly, shooting a glare at Lip, who shrugged in response.

"Hey, Lip started doing girls when he was like 14." I said.

"Don't follow in your brothers footsteps." Fiona said bluntly, before looking over at Debbie, who was snuggled up against Aunt Ginger.

Fiona said, "You know we're gonna have to take her back to the home, right?"

"Shit, I'm getting out of here before Debbie starts yelling." I said, laughing as I tiredly made my way up the stairs.