Bruise

Chapter Eight

Bruise

I'm fading tenderly as the hours pass, disintegrating slowly from your tightening grasp, your eyes blank and lips pale, as you're no longer able to last.

The area is enclosing in as I'm ready to curl up and die.

You shot this arrow through me and blamed your faults solely on me, and as I simply denied them continously, you grabbed a hold of my wrist and held me down, undeniably striking me until I was bloody and bruised and said your awaited confession.

I pleaded through the in's and out's of black out's, screaming for you to stop, but you were stubborn and demanded to prove a point. You left me with bruises, ones that were unable to be forgotten, covering my damaged skin as if I was a human punching bag.

But as you reached a tiredsome end, you grunted and knelt down beside me, pushing the hair from my sweaty forehead back and chillingly uttered, ''It will always be your fault.'' Then clenched underneath my armpits and carried me into the bathroom, directing me inside the tub and turned on the water. ''Clean yourself up.'' You scowled and rinsed your mouth out before scrubbing your hands free of my blood.

I became dead and lost. The light beginning to blur as I drooped my head down and hoped that this breath would be my last, but it wasn't.

I was still alive.

You bent down and aggressively shook me back and forth until I submerged back to the world. I groaned and grabbed at your arm as you cursed and brought me out, now bloody, bruised, and soaking wet, but you didn't care, you never seemed to anymore, it was as if I was nobody. 

I gave you this love but you never cared.

As we entered the bedroom, you pushed me down on the chair by the window and cocooned me in a blanket before reaching for a cigarette to calm your nerves. I hardly was able to see you clearly between swollen eyes, all I could manage was a shadow in the door way and then quickly disappeared.

My world is losing light and I must accept the darkness.

I seemed to have never shared as much tears until I was with you, I seemed to have never encountered such toxic memories until I was with you, and I most certainly have never been belittled this horrid until I was with you.

You are the cause.

But as I sit here muffling my sobs, I become clearer of an arrangement to end this, to allow us to be both happy, and it involves me.

The world harvesting 7 billion people will soon be short of another body and I owe it all to you Louis.