Prologue (EDITED)

Hi, this is just a Prologue so don't judge it while your reading. If you see any mistakes, tell me, because I'm not very good at catching everything.

Enjoy!!

Edited

~

He said we'd be together forever. He said he'd never leave me. He said I was his one and only. He said nothing could tear us apart, and he would go through hell and back to be with me.

He lied.

His name was Matt. Matthew Douglas. And he was the love of my life.

It was Valentine's day, and I'd been sitting in our apartment waiting for him to come get me. He said he had something to tell me, and me, thinking of our three year long relationship, thought about what he wanted to tell me, or show me perhaps-a ring.

I had on a pair of his boxers and one of his T-shirts that read, The Time Is Now, in big black bold letters. With the TV remote in one hand and my cell phone in the other, I was restless, and giddy with hope. It was, after all, almost every girls dream to have their true love give the 'Marry Me' speech.

I'd been talking to my friends, telling them about my theory on how tonight should play out, and what I planed to do.

Tracy: How big do you think the rock'll be?

Me: I wouldn't care if it was a fifty cent ring from the candy machine, I just want to marry him.

Candice: Don't say that, its gotta be at least two carrots.

Riley: Its still great if he wants to marry you. You'll still be the first out of the three of us.

Me: I gotta go, I hear him.

I'm frantic. Shoving my phone under the pillow on our bed,clumsily picking up the remote and click through the channels as if I wasn't just in the middle of a heart attack, until the bedroom door opens.

"Hi Mattie-" I stop myself short at the sight I see.

There he was, in all his glory, a grin on his face and another woman on his arm. But theworst part is, that I know that woman. Her curly bron hair is pulled back, half hangingoff her shoulders, her blue eyes are bright with mischeve, and her grip on Matts arm is tight. The look on her face tells me she knows what she's doing, and she doesn't care.

"Hi Charlie. Nice to see you again." Ana says.

Me and Ana are friends. Good friends. She was with me when I met Matt, and she was the one who insisted I go out with him. She was the one who gave me tips on what to do and what not to do, or what to say and when to say it, or how to act and were to act it.

She was the one holding onto my boyfriend.

"What, what's going on?" I ask, my voice strained.

Matt's grin had fallen from his face. He had yet to look me in the eyes, his golden locks falling across his forehead in that boyish way that it always dose. He looks up at me and I see guilt, he has the audacity to look the slightest bit guilty.