Chapter 12: Sticks And Stones

Skylers pov:
I jumped up suddenly from my nightmare. My phone had been pushed underneath the door with a note. It read:
Hope you have fun sleeping on the floor. ~ Danny
"Asshole," I mumbled as I sat up. My back had an ache in it from sleeping on the floor in the bathroom. That's when last night hit me.
"Skyler......"
His voice echoed around in my Brain like a jumbled thought. I pushed it away.
I used my arms to pull myself up. Bad idea.
The muscles in my forearms ached and groaned from the weight of my body. I looked down at my arms and flinched at the ugly mess. I stood quickly to rinse my arms off and dry them. I pulled the sleeves of my sweatshirt into my hands without a second thought.
I rinsed the sink and hid my Razor bag in the very back of the closet.
Hope nobody finds that....
I carefully unlocked the door and swung it open as quietly as possible.
There laying in front of the door was Danny. He was sitting with his legs to his chest and his head slumped as if he was dead.
I jumped when he moved his head slightly. It rolled over to the side like a bowling ball. It was his face that scared me the most. His eyes were bloodshot and he was deathly pale.
I touched his arm. His skin was warm like it was supposed to be but it didn't explain the paleness.
An empty bottle of Jin laid next to him, closest to his hand.
I picked the bottle up slowly so I didn't wake him up.
I squinted at the new tattoos on his arm. Those weren't there last night...
American Tragedy Was in bold letters on the inside of his arm and around his wrist he had the words sliver sky written.
That broke my heart.
I shook my head and threw the bottle in the trash.
I must be seeing things.
The bus was deathly quiet as I walked through it. Must mean everyone's asleep.
I dragged a blanket over to Danny and draped it over him. Before heading to the living room I kissed him on the forehead.
"Night,Danny Boy."
I grabbed a blanket and a pillow and rolled onto a very bottom bunk where no one slept. I snuggled into the fabric but I knew what was missing.
Danny.
1 month later:
After the funeral
The church was slowly emptying. I wanted it to be emptier faster. Needed it to be.
I was on the verge of tears but I refused to cry in front of anyone. My moms best friend wished me the best and proceeded out of the door. Mostly it was distant family that I had never met. My dad didnt dare show up. He knew I'd never forgive him for this.
The last one walked out the doors, they slammed shut. I stopped walking mid way in the aisle of the pews.
My knees wobbled before they finally caved in and I crashed into the floor. I landed on my knees, with my head resting on the floor. I cried out in ugly sniffles and opened my wet eyes to see the floor. It's normal red was darker resembling that my tears had made it that wet.
I remembered when I'd first got into the band. I remembered thinking that the ugly red carpet would fall through and I'd fall and die. That's what it felt like. This.
It felt like at any second,  the floor could cave in, killing you in an instant. But that floor had already caved and now I was just free falling.
Suddenly the church doors slammed shut again. I froze In my spot. I looked up with bloodshot eyes. The out line of two men stood In front of me.
"M-Matty? Danny?" I croaked, my voice cracking in a million ways. I didn't like being looked at with pity. But there was no way to stop what was coming anytime soon.
They traded looks and Matty turned and ran out the doors. Danny stood in front of me. He knelt down to my level and pulled me into his lap.
"S-She's d-d-dead....." I looked up at him as I clutched his shirt in my hand. "Danny, s-s-shes gone."
Danny wrapped his arms around me in a tighter hug.
"S-She was sick. S-So sick." More tears rushed down my face urgently. "I should've never left. I-It's all m-my fault."
The doors opened again and the whole group ran to us.I was engulfed in the arms of all of them.