three

The walk wasn't long, it was aesthetic for Dean's soul. He liked the city dark, it looked so peaceful. At times he wish he could walk there with someone, but he remember quickly that he was getting Cas, and a smile couldn't help it but to form in his face. He had it deep for that man.

He felt tired, but despite his wish to crash in his bed, he was worried. Cas was special, but most importantly, he meant a lot to Dean. They used to talk a lot, tell each other stuff that they had never shared and it honestly just felt peaceful. It was like one of those friendships that never got questioned. Although Dean found himself questioning Cas lately. He liked the guy and was past the denial.

His fingertips began aching with the cold wind brushing against him. His hands wandered down to his warm pockets and rested them there, thankful for the fresh air that filled his lungs with ease. He was getting closer, and as he saw a black haired guy sitting on the bench, he grew speechless. It was an image stuck in his head, seeing Cas sitting there, looking so peaceful, eyes on the ocean. Waves crashed to the sand that had no footprint, and Dean felt it flash in front of his eyes. He wanted Cas to be his. He tried to form a word, his mouth was still, his mind occupied. It felt printed in his head, it looked all so beautiful. Cas was beautiful.

He decided to go there before he freezed his ass off. He gave himself a mental slap as he realized how he easily could've brought with him a blanket, but thought he would improvise. He just wanted Castiel to come back to their dorm and be safe. He noticed how the wind was breezing light in Castiel's hair. He sat down next to him, thighs touching. They both turned and looked at each other, Dean stopped breathing for a short amount of time. Despite the darkness, he noticed that Castiel's eyes was more red than blue. It was swollen underneath, bags catching the fallen tears.

Had he been crying for so long? Why?