four

Dean didn't care about anything but Cas for a moment. If Cas was hurt, he would fix it. He didn't hesitate, he took off his jacket, wrapping it around Cas's stiff and cold body. He took his arm over his neck, and there they were. Cas resting his head on Dean's shoulder, tears threatening to spill. And when they did, Dean noticed. He reassured him, giving him warmth both physically and mentally. Maybe the sweet words were just words, but to Dean, it created a pit in his chest, slowly spreading to his arms, legs and every bone in his body. The pit was affectioness, and Dean felt himself melt away.

Castiel realized Dean had fallen asleep when the sweet words that rang like a sang to Castiel's ears, came to an end. It felt warm with Dean there, his heart that used to beat so fast every time he saw Dean, was softly thudding. He felt at peace despite the tear strained cheek and sadness consumed his thoughts. The reason why he came there was almost forgotten. He wanted to think about how good friend Dean is, but the word friend stood still on his tongue. He wouldn't dare to say it, it crushed him to bits. Dean was worse than nicotine and for once, Cas smiled.

I have something to live for, he realized, heart beats fluttering ever so softly, as he drifted in and out of consciousness.