Chapter Eight

During our room time Brian and I could not stop talking. We needed a more practical way to get out. We went through a lot of different ways. 

"We could try to hop the fence." Brian suggested. 

"No, I'd never make it, plus they have guards by the door to the garden area all the time."

We sat in silence for a moment.

"Wait" I said "Ava knows where they keep the tools, right?"

"Yeah"

"If we could get into the staff parking lot without being caught, then she could use the tools to hack the gate."

"That's actually not a bad plan." Brian remarked

"Thanks" I said "do you think we should go for it before Friday?"

"I definitely want to, but it all depends of if Ava can get the tools before then. We also have to find a way to get into the staff parking lot without being caught."

"Okay, I'll talk to Ava during the movie tonight and see how fast she thinks we can do it."

"Okay."

We still had about ten minutes of time in our room, so I began to make up a story to tell Sarah. I can't tell her the truth about the cave, obviously, but I'm not any good at lying. Maybe I should just say something about seeing and talking to people and them telling me some bizarre story like aliens are about to invade earth and take over and kill all humans. I don't know. Then another thought occurred to me. What if my hands started to glow during the session? I would be royally screwed. All I could do is hope they didn't.  

Jane walked in a few minutes later

"time for therapy"

We both silently walked to our therapists offices. I spent an hour rambling on about humans that weren't there and aliens that didn't exist. Finally she decided to prescribe me some medicine, which I wasn't going to take and once again Jane came to get me and I went to do some "calming activities." 

A couple of hours later I was sitting at our table with a plate of spaghetti and a plan to escape this place. 

"So?" Ava said

"We came up with a plan, and we can possibly get out before Friday, it all depends on how fast you can get tools." I told her.

"Okay, so what's the plan?" 

"We can't tell you here. It's too risky." Brian replied.

"Okay, when are you going to tell me then?"

"During movie time we can go back to our room and we'll explain there." I said.

"Alright."