Most borring day or best day ever?

*Amanda’s P.O.V*

Most boring day ever. We had nearly any costumers, and those few that came in here, were rude and didn’t give any tips at all. Stupid, snobby, rich businessmen. Maybe I should find another job. Ha, like that’s gonna happen. I barely got this one, I’m never gonna find something else. And it’s not like I could do without a job. I need the money, or else it’s bye bye L.A. and acting carrier and hello Ohio and even more boredom.

“Hey hun, can you close up tonight?” My coworker, Stella, asks me. “Sure babe, I’m just gonna finnish cleaning these tables first.” I tell her, while wringing the wet cloth in my hands.

Stella is my only friend here in L.A. we work together and she helps me finding auditions. Stella is originally from around here, so she knows everything about the city. Where to party - not that I have time for that, what beach is the beat to go to - not like I have time for that either, and the best places to go shopping - again, not like I have time for that.

She is amazing, and really the best friend you could wish for.

“Thanks hun, see ya tomorrow.” And then she’s out the door and I’m all alone, cleaning tables in an empty coffee shop. I better start locking up and heading home.

-

Next day

“Can I have two white chocolate Frappuccinos and two blueberry muffins, please?” I’m stuck behind the cash register and the shop is full, unlike yesterday. In front of me, right now, is a young girl, probably around 16 or 17, with long blond, curly hair and way too much make-up on her face. “Sure, that will be $2,46, thank you. And your order will be right up. I send her a fake smile and she leaves to a table to sit with another girl, who, as well, is blond and wearing too much make-up. Young girls nowadays.

“Hey, to which table shall I bring the white chocolate Frappuccinos?” A waitress asks me. “That table over there.” I point to the two girls. The waitress just nods and moves to the table with the order. I glance up at the clock, just ten more minutes till my break.

-

“Hey, you alright babe?” Stella comes and sits next to me on the couch in our backroom. She gives me a caramel macchiato and smiles. Yes, I love caramel macchiatos and she knows it. I’m sexy and I know it… no? Okay then. Moving on.

“Yeah I’m fine, just a bit tired that’s all. This job is going to be the death of me. If I don’t land a roll soon, or at least find another job, I’ll go crazy.” I put my head in my hands.

“Oh, that reminds me.” I look up to see her pulling a piece of paper out from her purse. “Here. There’s an audition for some show on Nickelodeon, it’s called ‘Big Time Rush’. It’s their fifth season I think. My uncle works on the show and told me that they need an actress who can cope with the four boys, are a bit crazy and knows how to act in weird and embarrassing situations. And of course I thought of you right away. You’ll be perfect for this role. I know you’ll get it.” She laughs and hands me the paper. I take it and read:

Audition

Do you love the show Big Time Rush?

Now you have the opportunity to be on the show, alongside the four boys of the boyband Big Time Rush.

Just meet up on Saturday 27th of September at 9 A.M. at the Malibu beach.

We’re looking forward to see you.

“I guess I’ll give it a shot, thank you.” I tell her with a big hug. Maybe this is my big chance. maybe this is what I’ve been waiting for.