The Answer

*Amanda's P.O.V*

”Soo…how did it go? Did you get the part?” Stella squeals as soon as I walk in the door to the Starbuck backroom. “Slow down hypergirl. Get me a caramel macchiato and I’ll you about it.” I wink at her and go put on my uniform.

“Seriously, you have got to tell me everything. And I mean everything. But first, did you get the part? Oh, of course you did. I’m so happy for you. Yay.” Oh My Goodness. There she goes again. “Chill out. I don’t know if I’ve gotten the part yet. They haven’t called me.” And then she just looks at me. Seriously, what is it with this girl? I guess this is one of the reasons why I love her.

“Don’t worry, they’ll call. I know it.” She says, still a bit excited, though more calm this time. “Yeah of course they will I nailed that audition. Oh, and by the way. One the guys from the band, Kendall I think, gave me his number and asked me to text him sometime.” You can just see the excitement shining through her eyes again. Shoot, I shouldn’t have said that. Well, she would have found out somehow anyway. I’m pretty sure of it. But before she can freak out again, my boss calls me to go to the cashier. I never thought I would say this, but for once I’m actually glad to be working. Yes, you heard right, I want to work. At least I can keep my mind of Kendall, or what his name is, and the audition.

-

“Hey did you text that Kendall guy you talked about?” Stella asks when we get off of work. She gives me a ride home since she’s got a car and I don’t. As I’ve mentioned before, I don’t have much money, and the money I earn at Starbucks is just enough to pay for the rent and a few bills. Plus I haven’t got a license anyway, so I’m not even aloud to drive.

“No I haven’t texted him yet. I don’t know if I should. I mean, he seemed nice, and it could be a good idea to have someone in the business that I want to get inside. But I’m still unsure. What if he doesn’t remember me? Or what if he regrets giving me his number?” Damn, I sound like a lovesick fifteen year old.

“Text him. Now. He gave you his number and told you to text him, because he obviously likes you and wants to get to know you better.” Damn why is she always right. “Fine, I’ll text him alright.” I say while laughing.

To Kendall - I think his name is

Hey, this is Amanda, you know from the audition.

Well, I just wanted to say hi and see how things are J

“So, are you happy now? That is probably the most embarrassing text I’ve ever sent to anyone.” She just laughs at me and I send her a glare. “Very much.” She smiles.

There are no more words said between us the rest of the way to my apartment. “See ya tomorrow babe.” I wave at her as she drives away. I go inside the building and up to my floor. Just as I unlock the door to my shoebox apartment, I feel a bussing in my pocket. Probably an answer from Kendall. So I step inside the little apartment, or shoebox, I throw my keys on a table, throw myself on the couch and take out my phone.

From Kendall - I think his name is

Hey love. I know who you are, I do remember you J

Everything’s good, especially now that I’ve gotten a text from you ;)

So what are ya doing right now?

I smile. He’s actually really sweet. Maybe a little too flirtatious and not as nervous as he seemed after the audition, but whatever. I guess I should type something back.

To Kendall - I think his name is

Flirtatious much? ;D

I’ve just gotten home from work, how about you?