Birthday & Cheaters

Chapter 6:
||Macen's POV||

"Slow down bro, we don't have to be at the track for another thirty minutes." I laughed, as Andrew rushed to get everything ready. Today was the big day. The Cup race was today, and Andrew couldn't be any more excited. This is the first time in months he's been allowed outside the hospital.

"Sorry, I'm just excited." He laughs. "Oh shoot, I totally forgot it was your birthday! I've been so excited that I-"

"Hey, it's alright. It's an exciting day for all of us. I don't need a present I already got what I wished for."

"What?"

"I get to spend some quality time with my little bro." I smiled. "You done packing?"

"I'm done. Can we please go now?" He says swinging his backpack over his shoulder. "Please?" He asks once again. I sighed and nodded. "Yes!"

"Let's start heading out." I stand up. We walk out of his room and went down to the lobby. I sighed him out, as he went to the other kids that were going to the track as well. "Alright, let's head to the car A," I say walking out the door.

"I can't wait!" He says. I laughed as I started my car. "Wait is Ryan Blaney going to be there too?" He asks.

"Yes, he will be there too," I say backing out of my parking spot. "I can text you if you want, and we can meet up with him. And you'll most likely meet the rest of the Hendrick guys too." I add.

"Now I'm nervous."

"There's nothing to be nervous about. I know Ryan will be so excited to see you. He hasn't seen you in years."

||15 minutes later||

"We're here," I announced as we drove underneath the tunnel into the track. I find a parking spot, and parked it. "Let me text Chase that we are here."

From Chase: you guys here

To Chase: yep, just parked the car

From Chase: K. Jimmie is coming to get ya

"Let's go!" Andrew says. I laughed and hopped out of the car. As I helped Andrew out of the car, a guy pulled up in a golf cart.

"Macen and Andrew?" The man asks.

"That's us," I replied.

"I'm Jimmie Johnson, Chase's teammate." He smiles, extending a hand.

"Macen Brooks," I replied, shaking his hand.

"Hop on in, and we'll head over to the motor home lot." He smiles. We hop in the back seats and drove off. "So, you know Chase?" Jimmie asks.

"Yeah, we've known each other since kindergarten," I replied. Jimmie asks a couple more questions for both me and Andrew. He was a really nice guy, I could tell.

"Alright, here we are."

"Hey, guys." Chase smiles, walking over. He extends a hand, and helps us out. "Thanks for getting them, Jimmie."

"No problem."

"How you guys?"

"Very excited, but I would say he's more excited than me." I laughed, looking down at Andrew.

"We're going to take a group picture, and then I'll introduce you to Dale and Kasey," Chase says holding out his hand, Andrew gladly takes it. I smiled as Andrew and Chase we're laughing at something, and joking around. Again, Chase was so good with kids. As I got lost in thought, someone taps my shoulder.

"Hey hey, Blaney." I turned around.

"Is that your brother?" He points.

"Yeah."

"Wow, he's changed a lot."

"By the way happy birthday, to you!" He starts to sing, but I shushed him. "Sorry! Happy birthday day to you." He begins to whisper, making me laugh.

"Not so loud." I chuckled.

"Finally twenty-one, anything special you're doing tonight?"

"Savannah wants to take me to get my first drink."

"Oooh. Are you drunk? That's gonna be some pretty good stuff."

"Yeah, I'm gonna be doing some stupid things."

"Mind if Bubba and I tag along?"

"Sure, I don't mind at all." I smiled. "Hey bud, you remember Ryan," I say to Andrew. Andrew and Ryan get acquainted again.

From Cameron❤️🙈: Happy birthday babe! I wish I was there to celebrate with you 😭😘 love you

To Cameron❤️🙈: awe thanks babe ☺️ love you too ❤️

I wish I was able to believe him. But I couldn't. He used to go to UGA, but then he transferred to Alabama University. A couple of days ago I got a text message from a classmate of his at Alabama. She told me he had been flirting with other girls. He was supposed to come to visit tomorrow, and I'm breaking up with him.

He's done.