Beginning of Something New

Chapter 20:
||Macen's POV||

@macenbrooks: NC ✈️ Watkins Glen

Comments:@blaney: loving the matching glasses @savannahbrooke: this is cuter than any pic Macen and I have taken together 😛@whitneydillion: ugh stooop you guys 😍@bubbawallace: 😍 boy all grown up@carsonapple: yesssss #chasen is real 🙏🏻@amyearn...

Comments:
@blaney: loving the matching glasses
@savannahbrooke: this is cuter than any pic Macen and I have taken together 😛
@whitneydillion: ugh stooop you guys 😍
@bubbawallace: 😍 boy all grown up
@carsonapple: yesssss #chasen is real 🙏🏻
@amyearnhardt: you guys are cute!

||Saturday||

I woke up in a cold bed. I rolled myself overreaching for a written note on the bedside table.

Went to first practice should be back in an hour. I love you darling.
-Chase

"Macen!" I hear the door open. Savannah walks into the room. "Time to wake up." She says throwing the covers off my body. Groaning, I force myself out of bed to get ready.

"Aren't you supposed to be in the garage or something?" I comment seeing Savannah search through the fridge.

"I could ask you the same question." She shrugs closing the door. "We all should do something tonight."

"Chase and I were going out to eat at a good burger place. You and Ryan could tag along if you'd like."

"This sounds like a date. Chase wouldn't mind?"

"Wouldn't mind at all," Chase says entering the motor home. "See it more like a double date." He grins mysteriously.

"Hardly." Savannah rolls her eyes. "Not everyone has a relationship."

"Maybe not but you and Blaney sure look like you're in one."

"Oh god no." Savannah rolls her eyes glaring at Chase.

"Come on, you don't have any feelings for him?" I questioned getting at what Chase was hinting at.

"Not you too." Savannah groans. "You two are evil."

"Call it what you want." I chuckled. "Come on just think about it. He's single, you're single, he likes you, you like him kinda back."

"I get it."

"Do you?" I raised an eyebrow. The door swings open revealing Ryan walking up the steps. "It sure is a lovely day," I commented changing the subject as quickly as possible.

"Glad to see you finally woke up," Ryan says.

"Hey Macen and I are going out for dinner. Would you and Savannah care to join?" Chase offers.

"I'm down." Ryan nods.

||Evening||

"Damn," Ryan says. "Clyde is gonna fall when he sees you, in a good way of course."

"And Savannah will legit have heart eyes after seeing you," I say pulling out his shirt that was tucked in. "Don't tuck in your shirt makes you look like a dork."

"A cute dork."

"Whatever makes you sleep better." I chuckled checking my phone. "Chase and Savannah are waiting for us at the car," I add shoving my phone back in my jacket. Ryan and I walked together to the rental car. Ryan fiddled with his hand the whole time. "Don't worry Ry, you'll be fine."

"I sure hope so." He whispers as we approached the car.

"You look beautiful as usual." Chase smiles taking my hand.

"Looking handsome." I smiled swinging my arms around him.

"I ain't going to be third wheeling." Savannah crosses her arms. Chase and I chuckled, we leave the track to the restaurant Ryan and Chase have picked out. Chase and I would constant glance over at each other during the silent car ride.

"So, who's ready for the race tomorrow?"

"Definitely not." Ryan comments.

"Why?" Savannah questions. Chase and I smiled at each other as they both started up a conversation ending the awkward silence between them. They chatted up until we arrived at the restaurant.

We enjoyed a nice evening out drinking beer, and eating quality food with country music playing overhead. Chase and I always planned a date night the night before race day. It was a good thing for our relationship, and for Chase to take his mind off the race. Believe it or not, he became extremely nervous pre-race, so this was a good time to help him unwind and take a break from thinking about racing.

We arrived at the track around 8:30, Ryan became more and more nervous as his time was drawing nearer. I constantly would give him a look of reassurance. Ryan instantly took Savannah off to somewhere more private to talk.

"Do you think it'll work?" Chase questions as we walked back to the motor home.

"It has to eventually, they can't keep denying their feelings for each other," I commented stopping at the door. Chase pulls out his keys unlocking the door. We lounged on the couch watching TV patiently awaiting the news from Ryan or Savannah.

"It's been two hours." I looked at the clock.

"Either they hate each other and don't wanna see us, or they're sucking each other's faces," Chase comments making me laugh extremely hard.

"That's a long ass time."

"What? I bet we could do it." He smirks.

"In your dream Elliott." I roll my eyes. A knock on the door interrupts up, making Chase and I jump out of our seats. I rush to open the door, swinging it open there stood Ryan and Savannah. "So?" I questioned. Savannah and Ryan look at each other smiling.

"It's official."