Graduation Day

Chapter 17:
||Macen's POV||

"I can't believe we're graduating today," Savannah says, finishing up her hair. I finished the final touches on my makeup. I turned around a grinned. "Remember when we said we wouldn't make it."

"We literally thought that we wouldn't. But now look at us." I laughed, as there was a knock on the door. "I'll get it." I rushed out of the bathroom and opened up the door to see two handsome guys.

"You look as beautiful as ever." Chase grinned, planting a kiss on my cheek, making me blush.

"Oh stop it." I smiled.

"This is awkward." Ryan blurted. I chuckled and invited them in. Savannah walks out carrying out our caps and gowns. I glanced over at Ryan, and his face was priceless.

"Hi, guys." Savannah greets. Savannah and Ryan make eye contact. Savannah quickly looks away, blushing a bit. Ever since Cody and Savannah broke up things have been getting better between her and Ryan. They've been talking on the phone a lot. I think things are finally starting to work out for them. I know Ryan is a good guy, and I know I can trust him with her.

"When do you think it'll happen?" Chase whispers.

"Sooner than we think," I whispered back.

"What time do we have to be down?" I asked, breaking the silence.

"About five minutes." She replies, handing over my cap and gown. Chase starts to fake cry as he helped me slip on my gown.

"They grow up so fast."

"Oh stop it." I chuckled.

||Gradution||

"Graduating with a Bachelor's degree in Public Relations and Communications, Macen Brooks." I stand up from my seat, and walked to retrieve my diploma. "Graduating with a Bachelors degree in Public Relations and Journalism, Savannah Brooke."

||After Graduation||

After the reception afterward, I went back to Savannah and I's apartment to start packing up the place. Chase kindly went to get boxes for my move.

"Box delivery for Macen Brooks." Chase announces, setting down six unfold cardboard boxes.

"Thank you Chase." I smiled.

"Where's the tape?" He asks.

"Ryan took it. He's helping Savannah pack." I replied, taking my clothes of my dresser and closet. "Blaney, you done with the tape?" I yelled out.

"Depends, what do it get?" He calls out.

"Well, what do you want?"

"Frozen yogurt duh! Do you even know me?"

"Don't get all sassy on me, Blaney." I laughed. "We'll go get some in an hour if you want," I add. He throws the tape down the hall towards Chase. "Thanks bud."

Chase starts taping up the boxes and sliding them towards me. I see Ryan crawling down the hallway from the corner of my eye. He was whispering to Chase.

"Did you give it to her?" Ryan whispered, quite loudly I may add.

"No, what if she says no."

"Are you dumb boy? Ryan replies. "I know her, and she is going to flip out, and shower you with hugs and kisses."

I try not a burst out laughing. But what were they talking about?

"Hey Brooks, Chase here has something to give you?" Ryan says out loud.

"Really dude?" Chase glares at Ryan.

"What is it Chase?" I chuckled. Chase pulls out a small box from his coat, laying next to him. He hands it over to me. I carefully untie the bow, letting it fall to the floor. I slowly slide the lid off and looked in to see a house key. I picked it up and looked over at Chase. And of course, Ryan was recording.

"I was wondering if you'd move in with me?" Chase asks nervously. I couldn't help but smile.

"Of course, I will," I say. I set down the gift, and crawled over to Chase, engulfing him in a huge hug.

||Night||

It was my last night here in Georgia until I officially moved out to North Carolina. It was bittersweet. There are more bad memories than good, but it is what it is. I have always wanted to have a fresh start, and now I was finally getting one, and this start I had Chase by my side.

@savannahbrooke: walking out of college be like  💁🏼‍♀️💁🏻‍♀️

Comments:@hannahtay: ahh goals@kelseyj: wow i love you guys@jacksonskye: don't forget about us @lizzymihn: 😢😢 don't leave @macenbrooks: now it's time for our next adventure 💕

Comments:
@hannahtay: ahh goals
@kelseyj: wow i love you guys
@jacksonskye: don't forget about us
@lizzymihn: 😢😢 don't leave
@macenbrooks: now it's time for our next adventure 💕

@chaseelliott: Just a couple of roommates

Comments:@bubbawallace: wow you didn't chicken out@blaney: my guy is growing up before my eyes @savannahbrooke: goals @macenbrooks: ❤️☺️

Comments:
@bubbawallace: wow you didn't chicken out
@blaney: my guy is growing up before my eyes
@savannahbrooke: goals
@macenbrooks: ❤️☺️

@macenbrooks: once a dawg always a dawg @savannahbrooke ❤️

Comments:@savannahbrooke: adventure time 💛@blaney: solid picture but who the photo creds go to 🤔@chaseelliott: I get photo creds @blaney

Comments:
@savannahbrooke: adventure time 💛
@blaney: solid picture but who the photo creds go to 🤔
@chaseelliott: I get photo creds @blaney