Lake Day

Chapter 11:
||Macen's POV||

"Morning sleepy head." Chase smiles, as I entered the kitchen. "Hope you're in the mood for pancakes."

"Morning." I smiled back. "Sounds good to me," I add. "What's on the agenda today?" I ask grabbing a glass and pouring orange juice in it.

"Umm Ryan and Savannah are coming over, and we're having a lake day," Chase says.

"Sounds fun." I smiled. "Thanks," I add as Chase sets a plate of food down in front of me. All the sudden there was a large knock on the back door, making Chase and I both jump. I turned around and looked out the door to see Ryan and Savannah out there.

"Hey, guys!" Ryan waves as Chase unlocks the door.

"Hi," I replied taking a bite of my food after. "Hey now, that's my food." I slapped Savannah's hand away as she went to grab a piece of food.

||After Breakfast||

"Yep, we're gonna make him fall." Chase chuckles as he turned the boat over a few waves. Ryan wipes out, and we all laughed.

"Think it's so funny? Why don't you try it Macen!" He says as we pulled up next to him.

"Gladly," I replied. I grabbed a life jacket and secured it. I reached out my hand for Ryan to pull himself up, but he ends up pulling me in. "Jerk." I chuckled.

"Your favorite jerk that you still love." Ryan smiles. I rolled my eyes and slipped on the skies.

"Here you go," Chase says tossing the handle out towards me. "Ready when you are," Chase calls out as I grabbed the handle. I give him a thumbs-up, signaling I was ready. We started to go, and I easily get up.

"You're going too easy on her." I hear Ryan complaining.

||Lunch||

@macen_brooks: Lake day w/ my favorite dude ❤️

Comments:@bubbawallace: is it official???!?!@savannahbrooke: it's a thing but not a thing if you ask me @Blaney: ask her on a date already will ya already @chaseelliott 🙄😏@emmablaney: 😻😼@chaseelliott: my favorite girl ❤️

Comments:
@bubbawallace: is it official???!?!
@savannahbrooke: it's a thing but not a thing if you ask me
@Blaney: ask her on a date already will ya already @chaseelliott 🙄😏
@emmablaney: 😻😼
@chaseelliott: my favorite girl ❤️

After lunch, Savannah and I went out to tan.

"So, hows life with Ryan?" I asked Savannah.

"It's pretty good actually. It's been nice getting to know him. We've got a lot in common surprisingly."

"I knew you two would hit it off."

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. What about you and Chase? Have you crazy kids kissed yet?" She asks. I get lost in my thoughts, thinking back to last night. "Macen? Hello?"

"Huh?"

"Oh my god, did you and Chase kiss?" She sits up excitedly. "Does Ryan know?"

"Know what?" I look behind me and see Ryan

"Nothing." I blurt.

"Oh, I get it. Don't wanna tell your best guy friend. I get it, I get it." He says, pretending to be hurt. I roll my eyes, and grabbed his hand. I bring him down, and whispered it in his ear. He drops to the ground and squeals.

"Oh my gosh Ryan. You're so embarrassing." I blushed, smacking his chest. He continues to squirm on the ground.

"What are you doing Blaney?" Chase asks walking out.

"Dude, why didn't you tell me!" Ryan asks sitting up.

"Tell you what?"

"Don't play dumb with me."

"I'm not." Chase replies. I looked up at him. "Oh, that." Chase says, getting the message. He sits down behind me, and shrugs at Ryan. Ryan looks at Chase mysterious, then drags Savannah into the house. "Probably planning my death."

"I wouldn't be surprised." I chuckled. I lean back against his chest, and looked off in the distance. "Chase, can I ask you a question?"

"You can ask me anything."

"What are we?"

"Well, I've been thinking the same thing." He replies. "But first I got a question for you." He says, wrapping his arms around my waist. "I wondering if you'd be my girlfriend?" He whispers in my ear. I couldn't stop smiling once he said that.

"Yes!"