Apartment # 13

This part contains description of blood and suicide

Read at your own risk

"Hurry up you guys!" Charlotte shouted, from quite a ways away from Dylan and Jay.

Once Charlotte had woken up and Dylan told her that they were going to go to the city she got really excited and started to run. Dylan couldn't move very fast because of the wound, so the limped next to Jay who helped keep an eye on Charlotte.

Jay had explained that Dylan will have to be carful with her leg because the cane might be needed for life, however long that will be.

"I'm staying in an apartment building near he edge oh the city." Jay told Dylan. "There's enough room for the two of you if you'd like to sleep in he same room, if not I'm sure we can find away to get into another room."

"We might stay in another room." Dylan said, she didn't fully trust Jay yet. "Is there enough food in the building?"

"Oh yes. There are convenience stores and other small shops on the first floor." Jay said while taking a drink of water. "There's still a bit of water pressure left so you may be able to take a shower. Sadly the electricity is gone, which is no surprise."

"Good, I haven't had a showered in a long time."

"Dylan! Come on!" Charlotte yelled.

"Here, jump on my back. I can carry you to the building." Jay offered.

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah, it's not that far from here. Less than half a mile."

With that Dylan got onto Jay's back and he carried he to the apartment building in now time.

"Wow! This place is awesome!" Charlotte said looking up at the tall buildings.

"Have you ever been to the city?" Jay asks.

"No, Daddy always said it's too dirty." Charlotte said running inside.

"What happened to her Dad?" Jay asks Dylan.

"I'm not sure, she said he went to look for supplies and never came back."

"Does she know what might have happened?" Jay asks, holding the door for Dylan.

"She doesn't even understands what's happening in the world, I doubt she understands the concept of death." Dylan says, trying not to sound like an ass.

"That's true. How old is she?"

"I'm not actually sure. I assume she's about 6?"

"How old are you?" Jay asks Dylan.

"I'm 19, you?"

"I'm 27"

"Wow, a 27 year old doctor. Lucky you."

"I wouldn't say 'lucky' I am living here." He gestures to the apartment building, as they approach the shattered glass doors.

They begin walking up the stairs, Dylan sometimes falling behind due to the cane.

Once they got to the first floor Jay showed Charlotte and Dylan where he had been sleeping.

"Some of the other doors are open, you can go find a place to sleep now if you'd like."

"Nah, we can wait a little bit." Dylan sits down on the bed as Charlotte runs into the room.

"This building is huge!" She shouts belly flopping onto the bed.

"Are you hungry Charlotte?" Jay asks opening a cooler with some hot dogs and soda inside.

"Yes please." She climbs off the bed and siting on the floor as Jay hands her a cold hot dog in a bun and half a bottle of ketchup.

"Ewww ketchup." Charlotte makes a vomit motion.

"Haha no ketchup then." Jay puts it back in the cooler. "Would you like a cup of Sprite?"

"Yes please." Charlotte says biting into the hot dog. "Daddy never let me have soda, but it's really good."

Jay sitting in a chair in front of Dylan as Charlotte eats.

"What happened to your family?" Jay asks sipping his own cup of Sprite.

"Oh." Dylan's looks up, trying to hide the tears. "They uh. They passed away just as everything was happening."

"Sorry to hear that." Jay offers her the rest of his soda, Dylan declines.

"Hey Charlotte you ready to go setup a room to sleep?" Dylan asks, trying to change the subject.

"Yeah, I'm tired." Charlotte wipes her hands off on her shirt and gets up to follow Dylan to a room.

They try almost every door walking down the hall. Finally finding one that's open, room number 13.

Dylan opens the door and immediately stops.

She looks ahead, seeing a man sitting a chair.

The back of his skull was open, blood and skull parts all over the wall.

A shotgun rested on his lap, blood dripping from his mouth.

Dylan's begins to feel dizzy and stumbles to a wall.

"Dylan? Are you okay?" Charlotte says walking into the room.

Charlotte sees the man and starts screaming.

Jayden starts running down the hall.

"Dylan!" Was the last thing Dylan heard before she blacked out.