CHAPTER THREE

After Selena came over and helped me pick out an outfit I stared at myself in the mirror. There I stood in high-waisted denim black shorts, a grey loose fitted tank, and black leather boots. My hair was straightened with long extensions and my makeup was natural. Sure it's a bit too casual but it's a lunch date not a dinner date.

“I look good" I said with a smile on my face posing in the mirror.

“Conceited much" she said as we laughed so hard.

“Ha ha... Gomez. Okay I've got to go but I'll call you when I get home" I said getting my keys out as we stepped outside of my house.

“Okay I’ll be waiting. Talk to ya later Dems" said giving me hug. Then you both parted ways.

Later...

Niall texted me letting me know where he wanted us to meet and I started to browse around for the location. As soon as I spotted him standing outside burger king I pulled in and parked my car. Getting out of the car I ran up to him and embraced him tightly.

“Hello beautiful" he said with a huge grin on his face.

“Hello Handsome" I said smiling. After chatting for a bit we headed inside.

“You know I was just kidding about this place right" I said stopping with a huge smile on my face.

“Well that joke made me hungry" he said laughing.

After we received our food we sat down and began eating.

“So how do you like America so far?" I asked him with my full attention.

“I like it here. I love how people aren't afraid to have fun. " he said.

“What? Is it like a crime to do that in the UK" I asked him.

"No but you all seem like free spirits. Love that. Enough about me tell me about you" he said.

“Even though I didn't ask you enough questions about yourself I will take you up on that. Well where do I begin?" I said thinking about anything he couldn't possibly know about. While I was in thinking to myself the sound of a man's voice knocked me out of my train of thoughts. When I looked behind me I saw Zayn standing there with a smirk on his face.

“Well hello Miss Lovato and Niall” he said with his smirk still in place.

“Hey Zayn and please call me Demi” I said about to give him a hug but he put out his hand instead. I stared at his hand for a few seconds before shaking it. His hands were so warm and soft. I like a man with pillow hands. What? It’s a weakness.

“Uh, Zayn what are you doing here?”  Niall asked getting up from his seat.

“Harry, Liam, Louis, and I were hungry so we decided to swing by here since we knew you and Demi would be here” said Zayn.

“Zayn, Demi and I are on a date” Niall said to him.

“Don’t worry….we’ll be across the restaurant you won’t even notice us. Promise” Zayn doing some sort of handshake with Niall before walking away.  Niall and I sat down and enjoyed I our date. We laughed and smiled all night because of all the stories we told. I really think Niall could be the one. I wasn’t so sure at first but he’s such a nice guy and he has a great sense of humor. After arriving home I thought about what life would be with Niall if we were in a committed relationship, but there was also something else I couldn’t get off my mind.

The fact that Zayn kept stealing glances at me during our date.

Not long bringing that thought to my mind Selena called me.

“Wow! You couldn’t even wait for me to call you” I said slightly laughing.

“So how was the date!” she said hurriedly.

“Pushy much?” I said grinning.

“Ha…Ha…Now spill LOVATO!” she said ready to hear the details. Man I love her! I told her about everything minus the Zayn thing. After talking to Selena I changed into my seats and headed to the studio to work on a song with Nick.