Chapter 1- A Step Forward, Two Steps Backward

Shane bought the materials needed for his project. Being a grade 9 student is stressful and hard but he needed to do this like other teens do. His thoughts were cut off by a scream followed by several more.

"Oh my gosh. Wha- What's happening?"

He saw people biting each other and cars dodging and crashing at each other. There was even an explosion far away.

Run!" A lady wearing a blue jacket with yellow stripes shouted, terror in her eyes. Her messy brown hair was bouncing behind her. Along with a black shotgun, she motioned for the door.

He turned to run but was paralyzed on the ground as more cannibals greedily and hurriedly snapped their jaws making their way to a devastation they have created. Just in time a cannibal lunged at him, The lady dragged Shane to a store with concrete walls and a door, Just in time he went in the store it suddenly locked and the cannibals pounded on the glass door longing for the flesh they smelled earlier.

"Who are you?"

"Ella. You're welcome for me saving you there. She held her hand towards Shane."

"Sorry for my rudeness and thank you for saving me. What were those things? Why are they eating each other?"

"I dunno. All I know is you kill them by inflicting severe damage on their heads. That is why I have a shotgun with 10 bullets right now."

"Isn't that unlawful?"

"It is not. Government is no more. And by time water and electricity will run out."

Shane shuddered hearing that. Then he returned his mind to those cannibals. He was shaking. Ella left to secure a room and now he was alone in a warm, dim shop. The door's banging lessened, but did little to calm him,Before he knew it a crack suddenly appeared on the door, he kept stating at it with panic building more and more in his head. Looking on his right hand he noticed he was still holding the plastic bag his school supplies were in so he did the least he could do, He checked it.

There were 3 yards of string along with a really sharp scissor. Colorful beads were stored in a small enclosed plastic bag. Black and white ribbons were filling the lower part of the bag. There was a double sided tape. Along with three duct tapes. A sketch pad. Stapler that is filled with staples and a small flashlight.

He knew it was a weird bundle he only needed the strings, the scissors and the beads. But he bought them for future projects and their mechanical project needed a flashlight.

Shane opened the flashlight and a blinding flash of light filled the room. He turned it off and put it in his pocket. Then He saw Ella going out a room carrying an item with a pointed end and two backpacks one which is filled and the other is not. He also noticed that a baseball bat handle was sticking in the second bag which is full. Shane could notice Ella was in a hurry by noticing her paced steps.

"In here, hurry!" Ella gestured to a wooden door. Just as He went in the door locked.

"Here you might need something to protect yourself. Ella based Shane an ice pick with a green handle and a really sharp tip like it was just sharpened recently.

"Target them in the eyes. It would pierce their brains. On a week or two most of them would rot making penetration easier."

Shane nodded in agreement.

"I guess we should rest" Shane said nervously.

As he sat on the bouncy bed. They heard shattering glass and a pound on the wooden door they were in.

"They're here, prepare to barricade the door." Ella said

Helping Ella, Shane dragged a bookshelf full of books.

"Let's go out, hurry and open the window, You might as well wear this there are food and water there."

Ella handed Shane a huge black backpack. It was not heavy so he thought he could bear with it for some time.

As They escaped through the window the door they were once in bursted, and zombies, while gnashing their teeth unaware that the flesh and blood they were chasing had left the room, continued to search for signs of life to satisfy their never-ending hunger. Looking around Shane figured they were in an alley. Ella decided to hide so she pushed a dumpster and blocked the alley, leaving no space for zombies to come in. The terrified pair then decided to sit behind it, maybe concealing their presences and keep being safe for a while.

"We-We escaped" Shane said triumphantly, a small smile forming on his face.

"You're right, we were also lu--"

Before Ella can finish her sentence a hand grabbed her hair, along with a scream that was muffled. The hand covering her mouth was removed and a gun replaced it. Pointing at Ella's nape. Shane was left staring at a friend who only have a few moments before she die.

===================================================

What will happen on the next chapter? Will Ella get shot? Stay tuned for Chapter 2! (Wow So Much Tension)

Author's note

Thank you for reading! Please support my book and share it to your friends!

Please Vote! I would be really happy if you do.

Please Comment! So I can correct mistakes and have some ideas.

Lastly Please Share! So I can have many views.
(Wow so Selfish, Jk!)

Have A Good Day And God Bless!