Chapter 11

It has been weeks since I gave birth to rukayya. Ahmad has been admitted so i come here often while my siblings looked after rukayya.

I was called to come to the hospital immediately so I went.

As I entered the hospital with khadijah beside me, I saw people crying where Ahmad lied down. I walked slowly as tears came out but then I heard my name HADIZA being called by a near by distance and saw Ahmad.. I sighed in relief hugging him.

He was going to be discharged? Wait, what?! "Will they discharge you neh? Hmm?" I asked him as he smiled and answered me with a"yes" which was shocking.

"No way, you have to be joking right? I have to talk to that....." He held my hand stopping me from going to Salis. "Don't worry, I told him I want to go with a nurse home and pay her until I am well again and I want to see our child, hmm? Let's go already".

He said as we headed to the car. Khadija and the nurse (zulaila) in the back while i and Ahmad in front. They were just making jokes behind that made Zulaila laugh.

It was quiet for some time as i glanced at ahmad that was looking at me. I smiled feeling caught when he held my hand. I knew he was not fine but i loved him being beside me.

  And soon enough we arrived and to enter thank god khadijah told mum Ahmad is coming back so she made some dishes and she didn't finish.

"Mummy, leave it. I will finish it". She smiled at me and nodded. "And Hadiza if you are done go take your bathe because he can't come back smelling nice and you otherwise, you heard me?"

I nodded as in I understand. I soon finished and sneaked upstairs. I took my time to bath. I wore my and bathed rukayya too.

We wore matching pyjamas except Ahmad who is yet to wear it. I walked down like a bride and sat close to him and gave him the child. He was surprised because she has grown compared to the last time he saw her.

"Alhamdulilallah, this is the first step of our family. I thank Allah. She looks very nice." He refers to  I love that name so as he asked me and you know the answer. YES! I held her as she slept quietly. Oh god, when he said that she was the first step, I really didn't understand. I and Aisha went to the kitchen and washed the dishes. Afterwards, everyone including Zulaila (which are friends with Aisha)  have been gisting ourselves until 11pm. We all stood up to go to our various rooms and sleep. Ahmad went to take a bath while I showed Zulaila her room and took my baby to bed. I went to the room to see Ahmad in his PJ'S. "You look nice in it." I said as I lie down. He lied down too but he was like really close.
"But do I look as nice as you do? Simple question." He asked me as I answered stuttering. "Y....ye... Yes? Ahmad! Daga dawowa? Seriously?"I asked him as he smiled and came closer as I shifted for some space. "Ahmaaad! Zan fadi fah. Danallah ka dena." As I said that he kissed my forehead and said goodnight. I turned as I felt a  hand around my waist and I held it and slept.

The next day came, I woke with my hair in a mess. I saw Ahmad sleeping quietly and I remembered the day Ahmad fell. I felt a tear slide down my cheeks as I wiped it with my hands. I stood up and stretched and went to the bathroom to brush. I came out of the bathroom to still see Ahmad sleeping. I came out of the room and went downstairs to see everyone except mummy. "Where is mummy? Ta futa ne? "I asked as all of them looked at me mysteriously with an evil smile. "So what did you do yesterday with Ahmad, mmm? And... It is 11am,hmm?"  I stood there as Aisha was talking nonsense. "Zan chi kaniyan ki! Ki dena!"I said as I saw them weirdly quiet and started working. I turned that is when I saw Ahmad looking at me. He was really tall and his pink lips, OMG! I was kind of startled because he came by surprise. I gasped and he laughed at me. He then hugged me and held my hand. "Ya kuma Ina dawowa daga mosque kin riga kinyi bacci? So ya dai?" He said as they were giggling behind us especially khadijah. "Lafiya, walh kai na ne. Chiwo!". He dragged me closer to him to check my temperature. He hugged me again as he smiled at me. "Sorry, toh, zan yi wanka sai in je hospital ko? Toh na wuche, And Aisha please take care of her." He left as they started mocking me. I hissed and followed Ahmad. I saw him with a towel. I saw his medium visible abs of his but then called him. "Ahmad, can we go together?" I said as he nodded in approval. I then saw him smile that was when I heard ruqqayya crying which made me run to the room. I fed her and came inside the room to pick my phone but Ahmad came out. He tip-toed to ruqqayya, he came to her playing games with her as I laughed. He then kissed me. I picked up the phone and Ahmad took the baby. I took the call as soon as possible. It was mommy, she was in a weak voice. " Hadiza danallah nayi tafiya. Ki kulla da subu yun nan,kin g? Na gode, bye bye." She said as she hung up. "HADIZA! Ki zo danallah! Ban iya rikewa ba sosai." I came running when I saw his hands shaking as I collected her. She was already asleep. I then took her to her room and laid her down. I went back to the room trying to check the clothes I am going to wear.  "Ahmad, do you think I should wear this? Is it nice?" I looked at him as he wore his kaftan and cufflinks. He looked so handsome so I will just wear my jeans and top. He went downstairs while I took my bath. I took my bath and wore my white pencil jeans and white Lacoste shirt to go along with a a white pashmina. I went downstairs to prepare food as I passed the parlour. Thank God Aisha and khadijah went out while Zulaila is taking her bath. I walked in the kitchen and took two tubers of yam, oil eggs and tomatoes etc to prepare food for breakfast. I fried it for my husband and I first then fried it for Aisha, Zulaila and khadijah. I took it to Ahmad and went upstairs to wash my hands and wear perfume . I went downstairs as Ahmad called me to eat. We ate and he was about to leave for the hospital when he came to me. "I will come back soon. If not Aisha and khadijah, don't open the door for anyone, okay? Okay, bye." He said as we hugged and whispered: " Kinyi kyau sosai, bye." As he kissed me and called Kamal to go together. He looked so handsome. He left and I was left bored once again. I stood up and down, stretched and watched, cooked and kept, prayed and slept. I was so bored but luckily I saw Rukky awake. I bathed her and put on her night wear. I took her downstairs and played with her until she slept. I looked at the windows, it was dark let us say Magrib. I called Ahmad but no answer. "Sorry, there is no answer call try again later."  It said when he didn't answer. I took Rukky to sleep, seriously, she sleeps alot. Aisha has not come back, they're going kill me.      My phone rang and it was Aisha. "Aisha, ina kike? Mesa har yanzu biki dawo ba?". I asked her as she answered. " Chill. I am sorry. Can we sleep over please? We should give the couple some space. Please". She asked as I agreed. " Toh amma zaki dawo gobe, gaishe mun da khadijah. Luv u." I said as I hung up. I stood in the parlour with my jeans and shirt. It was around 8:20pm and he wasn't back. I laid down on the couch and I unintentionally slept off.

I woke up and I saw Ahmad looking at me. I stood up quickly clearing my eyes. I was so pissed off. "So yanzu ka dawo? Tin tini?" I asked him as he nodded in agreement. I stood up and went upstairs storming up. I was so worried about him and all he can do is nod! I stood up in our room roaming aimlessly. He stood at the door looking at me with an annoying side smile. Omg, I can kill him. He came to me as I stood looking down the floor. I felt him hug me. I still resisted. " Sorry, I forgot to tell you that from the hospital I went to the office to check on things. I forgot to inform you. Sorry." He said as he hugged me again and this time I accepted. I felt him hold my waist and kissed me. What is he doing, well. One thing led to another       ...................................................................
(Lights out).

Sorry, the last scene was totally there to make things interesting, well, read the next chapter. Thanks.

I know