I Asked For A Miracle (The Stars Gave Me you)

When I Wished Upon That Star, It Gave Me you

Word Count: 13,834

AN// SO this just came to me one night bc I was bored and in a car for three hours so yeah. If it turns out the way I was hoping, it’ll be cute and fluffy. Oh, and I looked it up and by car, it actually is around three hours to get from London to Doncaster. You’ll see why I said that later) Well, yawpers… Enjoy(:

Mature content near end. No smut but still. You’ve been warned o.e

The sun was just setting in the east and it was beautiful out here in the country. The sky was streaked with different colours (oranges, reds, pinks, and then in the west, dark purples and blues with the first stars starting to peek through) and Louis took a second, or maybe a few minutes, to sit and watch. It was just so beautiful and he never got the chance to see it back in London. It was calming and Louis felt okay for once that day.

He’d left early that morning, around seven he reckons, and started on his journey back to Doncaster. See, he’d lost his job at the Café (because you’re always late Tomlinson! Grimmy had yelled at him, just four nights before. I was on time today, though  Louis said back quietly, but walked out tail-between-legs, head hung.) And since he lost his job, he was no longer able to pay rent for his small flat, therefore the reason why he was walking. He got kicked out and had to sell his car for money (only getting a little over two thousand pounds for the piece of crap), so he decided to go back to Doncaster, no matter how much he didn’t want to. He’d gotten a couple rides from people, but since he was walking most of the time, he was only a little over half way there by the time the sun was setting.

Three hours and four minutes. That’s how long his phone had said when he looked up how long it was to get from London to Doncaster by care. But he was walking, walking on the side of the highway, only stopping two or three times at gas stations to get something to eat and drink, or to use the loo.

And here he is, sitting a little ways away from the highway in a soft patch of grass, sipping on the water he had while watching the pretty sunset. His phone had to service out here, to nobody’s surprise, so it wasn’t like he could call his Mum to come the rest of the way to get him. So he sat there, hoping there was maybe a gas station or abandoned barn or something he could stay in for the night because even an abandoned barn would be better than staying out here at night. It was going to get much colder and who knows what types of animals were out here.

When the sun was only half visible, Louis decided to get up and start his trek again, hoping he’d have enough light to find somewhere to stay. Luckily enough, just as the last rays of sunlight were visible, Louis could see a small house up ahead. It was one story, with a big porch, a swing set, and it was facing the east. The driveway, made up of gravel, was long and winding, but Louis would just have to endure that, no matter how much he hated walking on gravel in his TOMS. Maybe being able to sleep under a tree of by that swing set was very important, and Louis couldn’t go any further anyways. It was going to be dark in just a minute or two.