Chp. 3 Alone

The sun decided that it wanted to shine directly in my face. Unable to ignore the warm beam of light , my eyes fluttered open. My eyes trained onto the room as I noticed boxes and bags stacked everywhere.
Last night I had came straight in after the long drive. I don't remember unpacking the truck.....Embry...

I hopped up and slid my shoes back on. I still had my clothes from last night I should unpack so I could shower.
" Embry!," I yelled as I ran downstairs.
Embry leaned against the front door as he spoke to some guys that were outside.
I heard laughter as they all watch Embry jump from hearing his name.
" Why didn't you wake me up?," I asked as I stormed to him. He shrugged and said," I didn't want to bother you. You looked tired."
I sighed and looked down at my converse. I couldn't fuss at him for being kind to me. " I wanted to help too. It's not fair that you did it alone," I mumbled.
He rolled his eyes as said," You had too much junk to carry by myself. I had my friends help." I frowned and pushed him outside. He fumbled over his feet and fell onto the front porch. Two boys were sitting on the porch. They roared with laughter as Embry fumbled. I stood over him and said," Don't call my stuff junk! I didn't ask you to help anyway."

Embry mumbled an apology as he shot his friends a look. I giggled and held my hand out to his. He accepted it and stood up.
" Is there anything else to---," my voice trailed off when I noticed that the moving truck wasn't even in the driveway.

One of the boys chuckled and stood up. I studied his face and asked," Jacob?" His brown eyes met mine and he walked over to me. I wave of heat crept into my cheeks as I looked at him. His strong arms embraced me into a hug as he spoke in my ear," Long time, no see Bambi."

My heart fumbled in my chest as his warm breath tickled my skin. Goosebumps began to creep up my back as his big hands stroked it. My lungs snatched my breath and locked it away in my chest. I felt safe as he held me. It was like he was my entire world. He was the one that held me down to the ground. He was my rock.
The other boy pulled us apart and stepped in," Now don't ignore me here."

I recognized him too," Hey, Quil."

He flashed me a warm smile as he hugged me too. My stomach bubbled with joy as he gently squeezed me.

Embry growled and pushed both of the boys away from me," What the fuck are y'all doing?"

I felt sad to see them treated that way. I frowned at Embry and asked," What's the matter Emb?"

He frowned at Jake and Quil and said," I don't like how they are all lovey dovey with you. It's not normal for them both to have such an attachment to one girl."

As if he words held a secret meaning, Jacob and Quil nodded in understanding. Already bored of the awkward atmosphere, I turned to the house and said," Whatever. I'm going to unpack. I have a lot of junk upstairs."

Embry scoffed and said," Alright. Quil and I have to go to work. So I'll catch you later."

I nodded and smiled at Jacob," Wanna help me unpack?"

He grinned and walked inside with me. He scent filled my nose as I closed the door. But before the door closed, I saw Embry's face. He looked confused about something....

Jacob followed me upstairs to my room. His smile faltered when he looked at the boxes that were scattered everywhere. I grinned at him as I kicked my shoes off and opened a box that was labeled books. He carried the box to the book shelf and helped me unload the box.
"It's been a long time since I've seen you. You look prettier," Jacob said.
His voice was low and husky.

Blood rushed to my cheeks as I rolled my eyes," Well, thanks."

He looked at me as if he were deep in thought. I let him think while I put the last book on the shelf.
" You are kind of special. And you will probably get a lot of attention around here....," I could see the blush under he russet skin," So be careful ok? I'll always be there for you if you need help with anything."