Chp.13 The odds

" There is something you should now," Patch said.

Paul was quiet as he listened. His grip was like iron around my waist. I rubbed his arms and shifted in his lap. He relaxed a little but he was still alert.

" I'm your twin brother," Patch said.

" Oh shit," Jake and I said in unison.

Paul rolled his eyes and said," I don't have a twin dude."

Patch huffed and said," We were born on September 28th. Our parents were Chris and Leila Lahote. They were have problems with their marriage and divorced. Dad took me and moved to New York. Mom stayed here and raised you."

Paul's breathing sped up as he asked," How do you know all this?"

I rolled my eyes and said," Only your twin would know all that off the bat. You just told ME this stuff today."

Patch nodded in agreement.

" Where's dad now?," Paul asked.

Patch's shoulders dropped and said," He died trying to protect me from...vampires."

The mood in the room grew heavy.
Hearing that made me remember that my parents were killed too.

I grew nauseous at the thought of ever seeing one in person. Patch reached out and held my hand," I thought it was weird to fall for the girl that showed up at the bonfire in my twin brother's arms. But after hearing about your parents a feel closer to you."

Paul growled a little and blew air on the top of my head. I realized he did that when he tried to calm down.

" Just like everyone else, you can't help it," I said as I squeezed his hand," Paul just doesn't like to share."

" Damn right I don't," Paul said.

Patch did a lopsided grin that looked like his brother's. My heart sped up again. Come on heart, they can hear you speeding up. Please chill out...

"Too bad because there's something you didn't know. We're twins. Which means we both have the same imprint."

My eyes widened as his words hit me.I had that feeling when I saw him earlier. But I didn't want to say it out loud.  That seemed to hit Paul even harder. He flinched and once again squeezed me. I pinched his arms.
He winced and let me go.

" Your grip hurts when you squeeze me like that!," I yelled and sat by the new girl. If I remember correctly her name was Leah Clearwater. She was Seth's sister...

I was attached to siblings. That must suck for them.
She smiled at me and said," Hey."

I smiled back at her and said," Hi."

Patch shrugged and said," I didn't find out about you until tonight. The elders gave me a background of my family before the bonfire started and I put the pieces together. I'm just as shocked as you are."

Paul stood up and said," Well that explains why our imprint is the gem."

I rolled my eyes and stood up too," All I've been hearing tonight is gem this and gem that. Don't call me that. Use my name please."

Paul grinned and said," Sorry Bam Bam."

Patch stood up and said," Wanna go for a walk and finish the conversation?"

With a nod of the head Paul followed his brother outside.

I sighed and leaned my head on Leah's shoulder. She rested her chin atop my head and sighed in contentment. When we were at the bonfire I heard her thoughts when Emily and Sam hugged each other. Before Sam turned into a wolf, he and Leah dated. But once he phased he imprinted on Emily.