Chapter 11 - Primroses

Chapter 11 - Primroses. The primrose has been said to have a healing power and during the Middle Ages primroses were used in love potions. There are many myths about the primrose, almost all of them involving love.

"Welcome!" Kais bright smile in the doorway. I sheepishly gave him one back, I had to come to terms with the fact that I had to give in eventually and accepting Kais offer. Come to think of it, anything was better than living out on the streets.

"Thank you, I feel so awkward about this" I excused myself even before I got to take off my shoes. We had picked up all of my stuff already, so it was just to unload the rented trailer with my boxes.

"Don't, I offered and now I'll show you around!" He dragged me in as I barely got to put on my slippers. His apartment was huge, you could see that he was doing good for himself. Big bright rooms, plants all over the apartment. The living room was classy, with a beige couch in front of a huge television. A huge fluffy white rug on the floor and paintings on the walls.

The kitchen was open and smelled fresh, very clean. So many things in there, I didn't even know what some of the tools were that was hanging on the walls on magnets. Dark dinner table with four chairs around it.

A small bathroom but everything looked new, even got a bathtub. It was an even bigger apartment than Ruki got. Maybe because he got his wife here.

He showed me their bedroom, even if that made me a little uncomfortable, but I guess if I was going to live there anyways, I'd see it anyways. The bed was huge and looked heavenly. There were so much to take in about this apartment that I was stunned.

"It's so nice! I can't believe you're letting me stay here" I said with my mouth open. He laughed at my expression and lead me towards the door across his bedroom.

"Here's your room!" He opened the door and I was just standing there staring. The walls were in a light brown shade, there was a window of the side of the wall, at the opposite side there were a little closet and shelves. It was kind of traditional actually. The bed in the middle looked really cozy, he already made it for me. I had no idea how I could repay this.

When I tried to tell him that it was too much, I mean, we were not even friends yet, he just shrugged and told me to be quiet and just be thankful.

I was, thankful, so damn thankful. But it was still surreal. We started to carry all the things into the apartment. The past couple of days had been so hard for me, so many changes, I was totally exhausted.

The result of the exhaustion was me crash landing on Kais couch, I was supposed to watch a TV show but I fell asleep instead.

-

"I'm home!" I heard a door open and a voice calling out somewhere, I was still in a sleepy fog.

"Ah, Rika-chan, in here!" I heard Kais voice, he was sitting close to me by the sound of it. I was confused, where..?

"W-who is the girl sleeping on the couch?" As I heard that sentence, I immediately pretended that I was still asleep, afraid that Kai had made a mistake letting me in.

"Oh, that is Aizawa Natsumi" But he just laughed casually.

"Oh, I see! I had totally forgotten about her, I'm sorry" She giggled slightly, now I guess it was time for me to get up.

"I'm sorry if I woke you up" Kais wife excused herself as I tried to sit up.

"No problem, nice to meet you, I'm Natsumi" I got up, still dizzy from sleeping, and greeted her politely. She was a very kind woman, letting her husband bring home a girl to stay with them without ever even meeting me first. They must have had a strong relationship.

"Nice to meet you too, I'm Uke Rika" She smiled at me. She was stunning, chocolate colored curly hair reached her collarbones, round brown eyes and rosy lips. She was very well dressed, I wondered what she did for a living.

-

Rika was actually a very kind person, I could see why she was married to Kai. They both seemed like people who openly accepted peoples faults and flaws. She was working as a teacher at an elementary school, I would never have guessed that, she looked like a hot lawyer.

I was so grateful that she had let me stay with them. She confessed that she had wanted someone to rent a room or something like that for a long time now because it got very lonely with Kai working all the time.

I was still confused though, I would never let a stranger live in my house. Especially a girl my husband dragged home from work. But they didn't seem to see it that way, plus the bond between them was almost visible. It was almost like living with my parents again, besides the parent thing.

We decided not to tell anyone that I was staying with them, since it wasn't for a very long time, only until the tour was over and I could find an apartment in a good pace on my own. I paid rent of course, I wouldn't let them have me there if they wouldn't let me pay.

Even if they were very kind and sweet, I didn't like staying there, I felt like I was imposing. I wasn't really that thrilled on the idea of living with someone that I worked with either. So I was already secretly searching for a new place even if I promised Kai not to.

-

I had been living there for a week and everyday it felt weird leaving "my home" together with Kai. But I had to say that living with him had brought us closer as friends. Obviously, we had a lot of more opportunities to get to know each other now. I was glad to say that I had got more than one friend in Tokyo now. I would never forget his kindness, not Rikas either for that matter.

As I was laying in my new bed, I closed my eyes. And I saw his face again. His blonde hair, his eyes. I could almost feel his hand against my cheek as I thought about it. We only kissed, but it meant the world to me. It was like the memories were haunting me. I wished I could rewind time and just tell him upfront, everything I wanted to say.

 "Ruki-san, I'm so sorry. I will always want you."

~~~~

A/N: Hello~ Third update for the day then, some off drama chapters, but I promise, things will happen soon. I just wanted to point out that it's not only lovelife things that happen in life so I wanted to get more.. Natsumi without the guys in it. Haha makes no sense, I'm sorry, I'm really tired. I'll continue looking over chapters now but maybe won't update until tomorrow or later on. Thank you for reading and commenting!! :3 /yumi~