Chapter 11

Adriana Wins

Today was different, I could almost feel it in the air. Everybody scrambled around, uneasy as if a randomly placed bomb was about to explode.

As people whispered, giggled, and ran, a knot formed in my stomach. I looked at the main entrance of this hectic school and what I saw was almost unforgettable.

Krystin lee, dressed head to toe in regular clothes. Her famous red high heels were replaced with white converse, her daily crop top was replaced with a brown sweater,

What happened to her?

I couldn't help but wonder if her sudden burst of laziness came from the party. Her downgrade of clothes couldn't have been from a heartbreak, could it?

No. Krystin did not love jack, and I am certain that isn't the issue. Krystin lee's issue is me.

Krystin never thought the shy girl from the back of class was going to have her man and some good friends, which completely threw her off.

She underestimated me, and everybody else around her. That was her mistake, which was a huge mistake mostly because Krystin lee never makes mistakes.

I felt her eyes burn on me as she walked by me. It wasn't her typical "I'm better than all of you" runway walk either, it was just an average walk.

I gulped and made my way to sex ed. I decided to go early considering I had nothing better to do.

I opened the classroom door and saw Shawn with Cameron. The class clown and the nerd, an interesting bunch.

"Hi guys," I said, walking to my seat. "Hi Adriana," said both Shawn and Cameron at the same time. "Were you with Peyton this weekend?" Shawn asked.

"Yeah I was," I nodded. "Is she into me? Did she mention me," he asked me, his eyes getting sappy.

I felt a pain in my heart seeing Shawn so desperate for her affection, especially because Peyton didn't mention Shawn once over the weekend.

"She said you're nice," I lied, smiling. "You are the worst liar ever," Cameron said, pointing out the obvious.

Shawn sighed, sitting back in his chair. "Did she mention Nash?" He asked. "Yes," I sighed, looking down. I dreaded being in the middle like this.

"Shit," he snapped, hitting his backpack off the desk. I couldn't figure out if Shawn or Nash actually had feelings for Peyton, or if they liked competing for her.

Every boy loves competition.

"What happened this weekend?" I asked, looking at Cameron. "I don't know," he said, not meeting my eyes.

I was about to speak, but the bell caught my sentence. I closed my mouth and walked to my seat, which happened to be next to Cameron.

"I'm sorry if I did anything," I told him. He looked me in the eyes, but our gaze ended once our classmates piled in.

Peyton and Nevaeh walked by my desk, making silly faces at me. I smiled at them as they walked by, grateful for my new friends.

I felt a warm body plop next to me, giving me goosebumps. I don't know how someone could have this effect on me, it's never happened before.

Seeing his toned chest move up and down makes my heart melt, hearing him cough or clear his throat gives me butterflies, and seeing him blink gives me chills.