Chapter 18: Opening Up

Namjoon kicked a tiny rock out of his way as you two were making your way back to Seoul. You were just silently walking beside him, trying not to get on his nerves.

Time passed by and it seemed to you that Namjoon already calmed down. So, you cleared your throat and asked, "Are you mad at me?"

"Well, a moment ago, yes. But now that we are here, there's nothing I can do about it."

"I'm not referring to what happened today, but yesterday. Why did you ignore me?"

Namjoon looked into your eyes then to the ground. He remembered seeing you and Vernon down in the hallway, hugging. When he walked away, he dumped into the janitors cleaning tools.

Yet again, he felt his heartache. Seeing you and Vernon so close, makes him hurt inside.

He brushed the memory off his mind and smiled at you. "Sorry, please forgive me. I wasn't in a good mood."

You stopped walking and crossed your arms. He looked back at you with a confused look.

"You're a bad liar, Kim Namjoon. I know there's something."

"Come on (Y/N), it was really nothing."

You pouted. Silence surrounded the atmosphere and only the sound of the wind could be heard. You stayed where you were standing and you wouldn't move if he didn't start being honest.

He let out a big sigh then inhaled. "Alright... I saw you and Vernon... Hugging..."

He then further explained how he came about to seeing you two. You knew that he was jealous but you assured him that there was nothing between you and Vernon.

He was still hurt even though you explained everything. So, you stepped forward and gave him a hug. You rested your head on his chest and hugged him tightly. He was taken aback by your sudden act that he felt like he skipped a heartbeat.

"Namjoon, there's nothing to get jealous about. Vernon and I would never get back together."

"Wait... He was the guy that broke your heart?"

You stepped back and nodded to his question.

His eyes were wide open and he was furious.

"How could he just apologize?! After all that he has done to you?! He got some nerves stepping on BigHit!"

You just chuckled on how angry he was. Actually, you found it quite cute.

"Hey, Namjoon, why don't we just forget about that? I don't wanna dwell on the past. Let's just focus on what's happening now, like going back to Seoul."

He totally forgot that you two where still in the middle of nowhere as he was busy murmuring stuff to himself on how he would kill Vernon for hurting you.

"Let's go," you said.

You two were back to walking again and Namjoon was admiring you from the back. He was admiring on how strong you were to forgive someone that made such a deep cut on your heart. He was happy that you were finally free from the hatred you were in and that you seemed ten times happier since you have forgiven Vernon.

Also, he realized there was no point for him to get jealous. Vernon was your past, and there was no chance for him to get you back.

He took your hand and intertwined it with his. You were stunned by his action but you just smiled.

You felt warm when you were with him. You felt so secure and at home. Then, you realized, you were falling in love.