Memory

"You think this is hard! Try eating a hamburger whole. Thats hard." Shouted the cheerleading coach Ms. Lynch. I saw Quinn talking to her cheerleading friends while doing cheerleading routines. I was tossing a football with Puck my best friend while at the same time looking at my girlfriend.

"How's Quinn doing?" Puck asks. He has had a crush on her since he first saw her.

"Good. I think I am going to break up with her. She is becoming annoying and it's making me mad." I said tossing the football back at him. "I have to go." I started to run away from the field when Quinn ran up to me.

"Hey so do we still have that date?" She asked looking at me with her sky blue eyes.

"No. I am breaking up with you." I told her running away. I knew she really doesn't care that I just told her that. I have been seeing her looking at other guys as well as me.

I ran to my locker and then to the shower room. I looked around and started to sing my favorite song, Can't fight this feeling.

"I can't fight this feeling any longer

And yet I'm still afraid to let it flow

What started out as friendship, has grown stronger

I only wish I had the strength to let it show

I tell myself that I can't hold out forever

I said there is no reason for my fear

Cause I feel so secure when we're together

You give my life direction

You make everything so clear"

I heard the door open so I stopped singing. I heard foot steps but then they were gone. That was close. After I was done getting ready for class I walked out and saw a girl getting slushied right in the face.

"Did you see that James. That was awesome right dude?" I look at him with question in my eyes.

"That was mean." I walk away from Jake and walk up to the girl.

"Are you okay?" I ask her. "I'm James. James Thomas."

"I know who you are. You are a football player that every girl wants and you broke up with Quinn. Plus you sing in the shower and have a great voice. You should join glee club. Oh and I am Rachel. Rachel Berry." I just looked at her like she was some mind reader.

"Um. Hi. Do you need help cleaning up?" I asked her looking at her red stained clothes.

"No. I am okay, but please come to glee practice this afternoon." And that was the first and the last time that I would like a girl that was below my average.

"What was that? And who was that?" I hear Quinn ask me. I turn around and say "None of your business anymore. Have fun. Puck you'll need it." With that I walk away and never turn around right into the glee practice room to hear them singing Don't stop Believin'. And I am never going to forgive myself but I join right in with them.

Just a small town girl

Livin' in a lonely world

She took the midnight train goin' anywhere