Chapter 3

Picture of Tre

Tre POV

So me and Kim are going to the mall with Zion because why not. Plus we gotta get something to wear for the party later. I could tell Kim was feeling Zion so I'm trying to get tyhem together but I think they won't talk cuz I'm here so i told them I was going to the bathroom. After they walked away I went to foot locker to look at some shoes.

I walked into the store and was looking at the wall of shoes when I saw this girl I could tell she worked here because she had on the striped shirt but she was bad. She was about 5'4, thick in all the right places, had lots of piercings, and had dark chocolate skin.

"Do you need help?" She asked. Her name tag said Quani. That was a name I had never heard before.

"Nah, but do you think I could get your number?" I asked.

She looked at me funny but said "No I'm working right now and I don't known you. Now do you need me to get you a shoe or something?"

"Well um, I'm having a get together a little later at my house if you wanna come I'll see you there you might hear about it from other people or just ask someone. Almost everybody is going."I told her.

"Ok so what you are telling me is that you don't need help and I'm going to walk away now." she said. That's alright she playing hard to get Imma get to know that girl, but right now I gotta find my sister and Zion.

When I found them they were taking and it looked like they were deep in a conversation so I just went to anther store.

Quani POV

I have no idea why that boy came in here acting like he know me or something. I couldn't even go to that party I have to watch Noni so it's whatever. I had a lunch break so I walked to the back to talk to Dylan. She's the reason why I got a job here so quickly. Dylan is older than me and lives in my buliding across the hall, she lives with her son and boyfriend. I met her this morning when the movers came. She had heard all the noise and wanted to meet the new neighbors.

"Girl do you know who you were talking to just now?" She asked me as we started to walk to the food court.

"Yeah another nigga who thinks he's the shit." I replied bluntly.

"No, that was Tre, he's a big time drug dealer, he gets all the girls and has the best parties."

"How do you know that he has the best parties?" I asked.

"Child I was just in high school last year. I'm not an old lady yet."

"Well you already know I can't go. I have to watch Noni."

"Oh girl please, you know that I can watch Noni for you it's no big deal." She said nonchalantly.

"Ehh, I don't know if i even wanna go Dylan. Lets just get our food and go back to work."

***Back at work***

"Hi can I help you?" I asked her.

"Yes, I'm Kim. I saw you talking to my brother earlier. I was wondering if you were coming to the party tonight."

"Oh, um I don't know I'm still new here and I have things to do at home."

"Well it's a great way to meet new people. We're inviting the entire senior class since it's our last school year" She said." I think he would be happy if you came, here is my number call if you change your mind. I'll see you around."

"Ok sure." Maybe I should go just to meet people I don't want to be alone on the first day of school. Ugh I don't know what about Noni?