Chapter 4

Picture of Kim

Quani POV

"Come on Quani, I'll take you to get Noni."Dylan said walking to the back. I had a long day at work and I had to get Noni from the old lady in our apartment buliding. She ran a "Daycare" if that's what you want to call it. I would leave her there for the party but Ms. Rose said no kids after 6.

As we were walking to the car Dylan asked if I needed to go to the car dealership and I did need to go. I didn't want to ask Dylan for a ride everywhere especially when she has a son. I also needed a car so I could get to school and get Noni. We got in the car and my song came on. We were singing 'Fake Love' all the way to the building.

I got out and walk to the apartment which, thank God was on the first floor. I knocked Ms. Rose opened the door.

"Hey baby, Noni was just finishing snack. She can take it with her."She said sweetly.

"Thank you Ms. Rose, we'll be back this week. You know I gotta work."

"That's alright child, just remember pay is at the end of the week." She called as we walked out the door. We hopped in the car and pulled off.

***At the car dealership***

We were walking around the parking lot looking at the cars. I had told Noni that she could pick out the color of it. She had chosen black and I was cool with that even though it would be hard to keep clean.

"How about this one?" She asked. Me and Dylan turned around and I saw a matte black range rover.

"Oh my gosh, I love it!!" I exclaimed. "We'll take that one." I said turning to the car salesman.

"Are you sure you can afford that ma'am?" He asked

"Excuse me, but I said I'll take it"

"Ok."He said and went to get the keys. When he came back I gave him the money, and drove out in my new car.

***At home***

"So are you going to the party? I already told you I can watch Noni." Dylan said flopping down on the couch.

"Aye nigga don't be falling on my couch like that." I said sitting next to her and turning on the TV. "But I really don't know if I wanna go or not."

"Just go Quani. You need to meet some people before school. I can't be your only friend." She said. "Please for me."

"Ok fine." I said getting my phone to call Kim.

(Phone Convo)
Me: Hey Kim, It's Quani, from the mall.
Kim:Oh hey. Did you change your mind about the party?
Me: Actually yeah I did. I just don't know the address.
Kim: That's alright give me your address. I'll come get you so you don't show up alone. I'm already dressed so I can wait for you to get dressed.
Me: Ok. thanks, I'll text it to you after I take a shower.

"Alright, I'm heading out I know Chris is going crazy with Bryson over there." Dylan said while getting her stuff together.

"Ok, I'll bring her over in a few."I said while closing the door."Noni!!!!" I called her. "When you go over to Dylan's house I want you to be good. You hear me?"

" Yes Quani."

"Good cuz I'm going to take a shower now. Knock if someone is at the door, ok."
I got out the shower and texted her the address. Then I put on lotion, deoderant, and my bra and underwear. I chose my outfit which was a black croptop that said 'dope' ,camo shorts and my timbs. I styled it with some hoops and gold jewlery. I was about to put on my makeup when someone knock on the door.

"Quani, someone is at the door ." Noni said at my door.

"I'm coming." I said then opened my bedroom door.

"You look cute Quani." Noni said as I walked to the door.

"Thanks, munchkin."

"Hey, you look good."Kim said when I opened the door.

"Thanks. Hey, um i still have to do a few things but Noni will keep you company right?" I half asked/half begged Noni.

"Sure will. Hi, I'm Noni........." I could hear her taking Kim to the couch. I went back to my room to do my makeup and about 10 minutes later I was ready.

"Ok munchkin stop talking her ear off and get your shoes." I said coming out of my room.

"Aww, Ok. But me and Kim were having so much fun." She muttered to herself on the way to her room.

"Your sister is adorable." Kim told me.

"Thank you." When Noni came back we went across the hall and Dylan said they were having chinese food for dinner.

"Hey I can keep her all night if you need." She said winking at me.

"Oh Lord. Goodbye Dylan." I called back.

"So you ready for the best party ever?" Kim asked me.

"I guess. I haven't been to a party in a long time." I told her. She was nice, I could see us becoming good friends.