Chapter 2 ~ Run

Lonnie's pov
Turns out Emmett is a Cullen, and is very known around the school. Chandler dropped me off at home and I started my homework. I finished my homework in a couple hours of being home. I wanted to go for a walk, so headed to the woods behind my house.

I left my phone home but that's never a good. Especially when you don't know the woods, stupid Lonnie. I sighed as I kept walking, hopefully I find my way home. I looked around when I kept hearing footsteps and twigs snapping. "Hello?" I said as I stopped walking. Lonnie you really are dumb, you're suppose to run not call out to them. I thought to myself, I turned back down around and jumped when I saw a girl standing there with red eyes?

She smirked "Hey little thing." She said. I was turned around and running away before she could even blink. I ran on track my freshman and sophomore year of high school. I was fast, but this girl was faster? She was in front of me in 2 seconds. I ran into her, she laughed as she pushed me. I flew back and hit a tree, I cough as the wind was knocked out of me. I felt my mouth and saw blood. I looked up at the girl "What are you?" I asked as she stalked over.

"Oh honey I'm your worst nightmare." She smirked as she opened her mouth showing sharp fangs? I blocked my face as she leaped forward but the impact never came. I looked and saw she was gone? I got up and fell back to my knees, I looked and saw my leg was cut really deep. "Okay, looks like I'm crawling out of the woods." I said as I tried to stand again, using a tree as support.

I hobbled from tree to tree deeper into the woods. I yelled for help, I've been worst than but this was just plain weird, that girl had red eyes and fangs? That's like something from a movie. I stopped to catch my breathe and to give my leg a rest but than I saw a house?

"Yes! Survival!" I cheered as I pushed myself off the tree. I was almost of the woods when I fell to my knees and started to feel light headed. "Not now." I said as I weakly stood up. I looked up through my semi blurry vision, and saw a figure then them yell for someone. I laid on the ground, looking at the sky as it faded in and out.

"Can you hear me?" Someone asked. I opened my eyes and saw a man, his hair was like golden blonde and he had a pair of hazel gold eyes to match, reminded me of Emmett. "Yes." I said "I'm a doctor, I can help you." He said as someone else came over, it was a girl. "Carlisle, is she going to be okay?" She asked "Help me get her inside." The man said as I was lifted. I whimpered in pain as my leg was moved.

**

I woke up to voices, I groaned as I opened my eyes. I sat up and looked around and saw books and medical supplies and huge windows that touched the floor to the ceiling. "You're awake." A voice said I looked at saw the man from earlier. "Yeah..I-I was attacked.." I said as the images flashed in my head causing my heart to pick up. "It's okay, relax." He said as came over and checked my pulse. "I'm Carlisle Cullen, I work at the hospital." He said looking at me.

"Thank you for helping me

"Thank you for helping me." I said looking at my bandage leg. "It's my job, may I ask what attacked you?" He asked I went to go say what happened but I heard footsteps than someone came in. "Hey Carlisle." I looked and saw Emmett, I gasped and Carlisle looked at me then Emmett.

"Yes Emmett?" Carlisle asked turning toward him and crossing his arms. "I'll come back later.." Emmett said not taking his eyes off of me, his gaze fell to my leg and he stepped forward. "Emmett.." Carlisle warned. Emmett looked at him and cleared his throat then stepped back to original spot. "Hey Lonnie.." Emmett said giving me a small smile. "Hi Emmett." I said awkwardly smiling and waving.

"What happened?" He asked looking at Carlisle. "She was just telling me before you walked in." Carlisle said Emmett pressed his lips together. "Right sorry." He said then looked at me one last time before leaving the room. But I didn't want him to go. "Now, what attacked you?" Carlisle said as I hopped down from the metal table. He caught me as my leg gave out. "There was a girl with red eyes and she had fangs, I know it seems weird but it's true." I said probably sounding crazy.

"Red eyes? Fangs?" Carlisle asked looking at him. I nodded as he stood me up straight, he let me go as I could now stand. "She threw me into a tree, and she was faster then me and I'm fast I ran track for 2 years of high school." I explained. Carlisle looked like he was thinking. "Stay here, Emmett will be in here to take you home soon." Carlisle said before quickly leaving the room.

I looked around and walked. Taking my time, I walked over to a window and saw two of the other Cullen's. I think it was Edward and Alice, they seemed to be talking. They looked up at me, I smiled slightly and waved not wanting to seem like creep. "Lonnie?" I heard Emmett's voice ask. I jumped and turned away from Edward and Alice.

"I'm here to take you home." He said walking over. "Yeah, Carlisle told me." I said smiling slightly. I stepped toward him but my leg gave out and I fell but Emmett quickly caught me.
"Take it easy." He said I was holding on tightly to his shoulders and he had a firm grip on my waist. "Can you walk?" He questioned looking at my leg.

"No..I don't think so." I said shaking my head as I tried to stand but failed as I pain shot through my leg, I yelped in pain. "Here I'll carry you." He said picking me up bridal style. "I hope I'm not heavy." I mumbled realizing how close I was to him. His scent surrounded me, he smelled so good. Have mercy!