Chapter 3~ Afraid

Lonnie's pov
Emmett had put me in the car and drove me home. We got to my house in no time, I'm surprised I remember my address because I was half asleep when he asked me what it was. "We're here." Emmett said after the quick quiet ride to my house was now over. "Thank you.." I said yawned covering my mouth with my hand.

Like I said I was half asleep and I had forgotten about my leg. I pushed open the door and went to get out but I was pulled back. I looked and saw it was the seat belt, my arms and legs were like half way out the car. Emmett chuckled as he reached down and unbuckled the seat belt.

I smiled a thanks and pulled it the rest of the way over my head. I slid out and held me on to the door for support. I am not going to fall in front of him. I heard the sound of wheels hitting gravel, I looked and saw the Chief's car. "My moms going to kill me." I mumbled. Chief got out his car and I met him half way barley. Emmett closer my door and walked over.

He stood behind me and kinda to the side just in case I fall. Chief look at Emmett and he looked back. "Emmett." Chief said with a nod. "Chief Swan." Emmett said. Chief swan looked at me. "Can you tell me what happened to you in the woods today, Miss?" He asked pulling out a note pad and pencil.

Uh oh. He won't believe me. My heart started to race and my hands got sweaty. "Charl- Chief Swan." Emmett said correcting hisself. "Lonnie isn't in the best conditions to uh talk about that right now." Emmett said covering for me. Chief looked at me then my leg finally he nodded. "I'll be back when you're better." He said to me. I nodded quickly and then quickly limped my way to the front door.  Chief eventually left and Emmett met me at the door.

"You're okay right? Being here alone?" He asked looking down at me. I put some hair behind my ear. "I'll manage, hopefully. Do you mind helping me with a few things before you go?" I asked pulling on the ends of my sleeves. "I'll help for sure." He said with a nod. I stepped inside and it made wonder what I would tell my mom.

"I just need help getting food, and upstairs." I said as I turned on a few lights. He followed behind me and closed the door. I limped into the kitchen and grabbed a bunch of snacks and I stood at the fridge and looked up at the cereal. "I got it." He chuckled as he walked over and grabbed the boxes and held them. I went to the cabinet and grabbed bowl and spoon then walked toward the stairs. "Here." He said moving the boxes to one arm. He scooped his arm under my legs and I sat on his shoulder and he stood up.

"Boy you're strong." I said as he walked up the stairs. When we got up the stairs he set me down and sighed. "There we go." He said smiling. I beamed and walked to my room as I dropped the snacks on my bed. "Thank you for helping me." I said. "Anytime, I'll see you tomorrow yeah?" He said. "Yeah, you will." I replied as I opened a bag of cookies.

"Try not to go for walks in the woods alone." He said I laughed. "I won't be doing that for a while." I said smiling. "Good, don't want you getting hurt again." He said as he walked to my doorway. "Bye Emmett." I cheered as he shot me a nice smile. His smile was so big and goofy, it was cute. "Bye Lonnie." And with that his footsteps went down the stairs and out the front door. I heard the door close tightly behind him. His car pulled off a couple minutes after he left the house. Today was a long and wild day.