ch. 8

We were running. Both away from our fears and out of time. We have nowhere to go, nothing to do. what we're supposed to do? We had 2 days left. This Quest was one that I couldn't take on much longer. I knew that I was strong enough to do it but at this point, I was done and so was everyone else. We have no energy left no place to stay nowhere to go. We were done. We are already about thirteen miles from my house and we needed to return to my kingdom. Everyone was waiting for us. People were probably worried I didn't tell them where I was going. We all just left them

As much as I hated having to finish the journey like this I knew it was the only choice left to make. We would start our journey now and hopefully, we can make it back home in two days. We would probably stop by Noel and Cedric and give them a peaceful goodbye. They deserved to know what happened. Everyone does. 

Two days ago we were standing in front of the mountain. We knew for sure that this was the right place and that this had the final piece. All we had to do was climb it. Ifor and Adeline or out of shape and too tired to climb so James and I went up there by ourselves. The mountain was steep and Rocky but it was nothing that we couldn't handle. James and I were made for things like this period we were young and very athletic and fit. It was a breeze to climb, however, the mountain was still so tall that it took us almost the entire day.

When we got up there we found a small cave as well as some holes in the ground. We weren't quite sure which one to take so we looked around for a bit. No one appeared to be up there and it seems as though there was no one in the caves or the holes. This made it clear to us that we could just go in and search for the final piece. Of course, we couldn't ask anyone for it because we had no idea what it was. We still don't know. We walked in the cave and it was dark so James let one of the lanterns. It was cold and musty in there. James walked in first obviously trying to be my hero. It's okay he already was.

I stayed outside for a bit making sure that there wasn't anyone that would come up. It didn't look like anyone ever really been up this mountain and quite a long time. James had gotten about halfway into the cave entrance when he called me into the cave as well. I walked in a skeptical because it was dark. I had to be very careful because James's Lantern didn't shine around me.   he walked towards me and grabbed my hand. Then I was able to walk. The tables open at first but then there was a fork in it. There were two paths. Which way do we go? We decided to go down the left path because it seems to be brighter than the right. Maybe there was an opening at the end that could lead us to where the missing piece was.

Sadly, at the end of the left tunnel all we found was another Lantern. No one was there but the landing was still it. We didn't want to bother it, in case someone else had come for it. We went back down that path at the opposite way and then went down the right path. It was dark and seem to get colder as we went in. We walked and walked. It seemed like it went on forever. Of course, it didn't but we have been walking for about twenty minutes before the path had stopped. We got to the end of the right title and sat down in the large empty room. 

James at his Lantern in the middle of the room. There appear to be nothing there, but James being the optimistic person that he is decided that he would dig around a bit. At first, I thought that it might be a reasonable idea. Someone might have been there, dug a hole for the last piece and been on their way. After a while it just got tiring. James was losing hope and it was so upsetting to see him like this. He kept digging and digging but we found nothing. He sat down and how to straight look on his face. A look of disappointment at himself and for me. She had nothing to give me and I know how much she wanted to be the one that found the last piece for me. Of course, I couldn't care less if you found all of the pieces in the world for me. I would still love him just as much. Some people call it trying to impress and boasting, but with James, it's just a sign that he deeply cares about me.