ch. 9

December 25, Christmas

I woke up thinking it was going to be any ordinary Christmas, of course I was excited, but I had no big expectations. I slipped on some Christmas pajamas and went down the stairs into the living room. Everyone was sitting around the tree, and some of my family was over. The presents surrounding the tree were set up by the person they belong to. I sat by mine and prepared to open one. James rushed out of the room and then carried in a massive present with my name written all over it. He begged me to open it first and so i quickly tore open the red wrapping. Inside of it was another box. It was slightly smaller, but wrapped in blue paper. I began unwrapping that portion but James stopped me halfway and told me to go outside to the garden with him. I stepped outside with a double French doors and it was full of different colors. I had never seen anything so beautiful in my life and then I looked at James and knew I was wrong. He sat me down on one of the tables and handed me my present back. I begin on wrapping it again and found yet another box. The boxes were getting smaller and smaller each time until finally I got to the smallest of boxes it looked like a jewelry box. It was red velvet and glistened in the early morning sun. what a perfect gift on a perfect day from a perfect person . I begin to open the box and noticed that James began tearing up. I grabbed his hand and looked him in the eyes. James said that it was just a perfect day he got down on one knee and sat there for a moment. He assured me to continue unwrapping the Box when they had finally opened the jewelry box I noticed it was an overwhelming surprise. There with my perfect man kneeling before me was a ring.

James burst out in tears crying giving you the biggest hug of my life knowing that I would soon be his wife. He then told me the story of the Ring. It had sentimental value, not to him to, my father and my mother. It was made from the collection of all the jewels that we have been searching for so many years ago. I wasn't sure what to say. I just sat there astonished. He said that my father had given it to just a few days before Christmas and that he knew that it was the right decision. The story behind everything is that whoever has it will be blessed forever and ever and he knew that he had to be with me. it was the most magical thing I've ever seen not just because of the magic in the ring, but because of the magic in his eyes when he gave it to me.

We rushed inside to the family, James wiping the tears away from his face, holding me in his arms. Everyone was truly astonished, except for father of course, because he had already known about the plan. My brothers didn't care much for it, they thought that it was rather romantic and feminine. And even though Evelyn did not appreciate that it was James I was marrying, she did acknowledge that she was happy for me too. My Christmas continued very happily and many came over to hear the news.

We have many preparations and plans that you had to make but that day was just a of Perfect Harmony. It was Christmas the beautiful time . Couldn't have been any better? I will be marrying the love of my life soon, but not soon enough . The only got that went through my mind was one of those Rings don't glow ? What if it shows that we don't deserve each other? I can't lose him. I can't bear the weight of losing anybody else.