ch. 10

April 16th, Wedding Day, 6 years later

I was standing at the end of the aisle, my arm locked with my dad's. The room was full of people, all standing, waiting for me to slowly walk to the true love of my life.  I was dressed in white and him in black. The wedding took place outside at the spot he had proposed. The total number of attendants ended up being somewhere from three hundred to four hundred people. The day was perfect, but it had taken us weeks to prepare. The only person who was not happy, was Evelyn. She was never fond of James, and almost did not let him come with stay in the first place.  

Now, on this beautiful day, I would stay with him forever. I want to take time and fully describe the best day of my life. I woke up at six in the morning, and went downstairs to take a shower. I cleaned up and then began with my hair. Evelyn arranged for someone to come do it, and they put my hair partially up and curled the remaining portions. Next, Evelyn brought in Stephanie, the makeup artist, to make me look as beautiful as possible, maybe she did really love me. My dress is fabulous. It is white with golden jewels lining the upper portion and white roses in the bottom tool. It shined bright in the mid-day sun. The wedding itself took place in the garden outside. There were eighteen rows of chairs all lined up one after the other. They were covered by white linens and gold trim. Every seat was filled. We did not do bride and groom sections, simply because James did not have many people to come for him. At the end of the long walkway, was a pulpit. It too was dressed in white linen. Behind it sat a table full of white roses and lavender flowers glistening as the sun bounced of the glass. 

There was large drapery in gold on both sides of the table. Lanterns hung low in the trees and would light up the night sky later. The grass was perfectly cut, and the walkway was made of stone. The ending was brick with one missing because James and I were going to engrave our names in a brick and set it there. Flower petals lined the sides, and glitter was all over the aisle. The garden was covered my a wooden roof, but the sides remained open. On the roof, hung small string lights, and a chandelier. Bouquets of arranged flowers sat around, and long strips of them hung from the ceiling just low enough to be easily seen. After my hair and makeup has been completed, I threw on a robe and went downstairs to look at the preparations.

Evelyn was downstairs watching the chefs make food for the reception. It was possible it was more beautiful there then the actual wedding. It was outside under a gold canopy. There were thirty tables, each with ten wooden chairs, painted gold. We would be eating steak with a side of masked potatoes and green beans. All of the food and drinks were served in golden platters and handed out individually by the staff. Then, it was time. guests started arriving and everyone took their spots. I got into my dress and put my silver-studded heels on my feet. Bridesmaids and groomsmen walked out one after the other, the flower girl throwing more lavender flowers down that made a perfect entrance for me and my father. After we walked down, I stood next to the love of my life thinking about the beginning of the end of our lives. Rings glowing on our hands, I knew it would last forever.