Jelsa chap 2

Jack began spending his days with Elsa. She didn't know it of course but he kept her company. Her manner was so, seemly fearful. Anyone could tell that this little girl was strong as steel, but then why would she flinch whenever she heard footsteps coming to her room? Or hesitate before touching anything? Jack puzzled over it. It was only until one snowy day that things were made clear for Jack. Out in the courtyard, there were two young children, both girls, giggling helplessly as they tossed snow at one another. They were both drenched and looked freezing, but they were having the time of their lives. A guard stalked over to them looking exasperated, Jack supposed they had snuck in, the King and Queen had the doors shut to the world. As he watched Elsa, she was trying to see the commotion that was occurring below, she leaned a tad forward onto the window support without thinking, and ice spread from her fingertips across part of her wall. Elsa jerked back as if she had been burned. Jack nearly fell out of the air in shock.

Elsa's lower lip trembled as she stared at the smooth ice on the wall before slowly walking over to her closet. She selected a cloak and swirled it around herself and pulling up a deep hood. She cracked open her door before she peered through it to see if anyone was in the hallway. Seeing that there wasn't, she darted through the hallways glued to the right side of the wall. Jack swung through the hallways with , twisting and turning until they stopped at the King and Queens chambers. Elsa paused again before knocking, two short raps and then three more, with a pause in-between. Each time her tiny knuckles touched the door, ice would spread from the place she knocked a little more.

Elsa stepped back, twisting the fabric of her too big cloak nervously in her hands, Jack still by her side. The door widened, bathing Elsa with a warm light coming from the room. Inside her father, the King, was hurriedly getting up from the couch and the Queen was standing by the door beckoning Elsa to come inside quickly. It didn't seem right to Jack. Why should Elsa have to sneak to her parents like she was a thief? He supposed the ice powers should have something to do with it. But it still didn't seem right. Jack slipped into the room with Elsa, her parents coming to her, kneeling down so they were her height.

"Elsa? What's wrong? What have your powers done this time?", the king spoke urgently, a trace of fear for his daughter in his voice. Elsa said nothing but reached out a pale finger to just gently trace an intricate pattern into the lamp table that was next to the plush couch. Beautiful ice formed into swirling designs that trailed after her fingertip. "I can't control it Papa." Came out of Elsa in a broken voice. "Honest, I try but,"

her father cut her off, " it's fine Elsa." He broke off to walk crisply over to the Queens drawer cabinet. Opening it up he pulled out an elegant pair of gloves. The King came back to Elsa and quickly slipped them on over her trembling hands. Her mother cupped Elsa's face with her hands and pressed a quick kiss to her forehead.

"Conceal it, don't feel it, don't let it show." Murmured the King.

The Queen walked Elsa back to her chambers, "We mustn't let Anna see you." She explained to Elsa as she took her gloved hand. Then it clicked for Jack, Anna didn't know! They were all hiding Elsa's powers from Anna, and if they didn't let her only sister know, the staff and Arendelle must not either. He wondered what exactly could see do, if she wasn't suppressing her powers all the time. Must be exhausting. It didn't seem like she had any stress relief either, being in her room all the time. Can't be much fun. Nor for Anna. No wonder Elsa turned her away all those times. But, Anna seemed to act like they were together a lot before a certain point. So what happened to cause such a drastic change between being best buddies and total avoidance?

They arrived at Elsa's room. Her mother stroked her platinum hair lovingly and then left. Elsa stared numbly at the door for a while before stiffly walking over to her desk and pulling out some thick books. Jack curious to see what they were, hovered above her bowed head. Elsa sat down in her chair, her feet not quite touching the floor, and began to read.

"Arendelle history," Jack frowned," doesn't seem like all that much fun. I guess you are going to become the Queen one day and you have to know this type of stuff."

Elsa read for a while before the sniffling began. Soon she was having to wipe at her eyes while determinedly still trying to read.

Jack shook his head before drifting closer and stroked the page of the textbook where it showed the country's national flower. Frost outlined the flower, Elsa shrunk back from her desk, terrified that it was her powers out of control. As she watched, the frost flower peeled off the page. It hovered in midair with a vine of ice coming from the original picture and then shifting so it thickened out into 3-D version. It blossomed and grew until it was a full size frost rose. Jack gently sat down on her mahogany desk and snapped off the rose from its stem, everything except what he held now in his hand shriveled away and disappeared. He held out the rose towards Elsa, whose eyes were as big as saucers. She hesitantly took the crystalized flower and peered around her room. Jack gave a sigh of relief, glad that the tears were gone.