Jelsa chap 4

Jack was absolutely delighted. Still, he couldn't be seen, but someone finally knew he was there. He was no longer just a cold wind or a short shivering spell. Jack Frost was important. Maybe only to Elsa, but for the first time in three years he could do some good for someone. Every time she would become discouraged or severely unhappy, Jack would touch something near her or create something small out of ice to place near her. Immediately she would brighten up, knowing that someone understood what she was going through and was watching over her.

But, as the years passed, Elsa's magic was getting stronger and the less she could control it. She would brush against the wall and ice would spread rapidly, gloves or not. she would move too rapidly and again, ice shooting out to form frozen spears. There seemed to be no solution to containing her powers. Jack could do nothing but show her that he was there and watch helplessly. Elsa's relations with her parents became strained; even more than it already was. She was insisting that they stop touching her, for fear out of hurting them. Before her powers became dangerously uncontrollable, sometimes when he knew there wouldn't be servants or Anna around she would sneak around, but not anymore. The most interaction that Elsa got was hurriedly accepting plates of steaming food, and on her bad days she wouldn't even receive that for fear of damaging someone.

By the time Elsa was 18, she had seemed to be able to control her cursed powers. She was able to take brief strolls and chat with her mother and father. Not that Elsa wanted to risk being in others presence for very long so she always kept her adventures short, but it still warmed Jack to see how much she had grown. She was able to play her role as the Princess of Arendelle now, go to formal events and the like. Elsa was never very social and sometimes had to leave early when she felt like she wasn't in control of herself but it did wonders for her reputation. Compared to previous years of total isolation from absolutely everyone, the brief glimpses the people got of her just made her seem veiled in mystery and therefore interesting. To the people's credit no negative rumors went around the surrounding town about her. Elsa still never acknowledged Anna, and Anna seemed to finally accept that. She had stopped coming to Elsa's door to ask her for company. She always walked by and would pause, but eventually kept walking by. To Jack it finally seemed as if the strong sisterly bond had been broken.

The King and Queen received a delightful message from the country of Corona, telling them about their long lost princess had returned. This was welcome news to the Queen of Arendelle seeing how her and the Queen of Corona were sisters. The entire royal family was invited to go to the lost princess's wedding, but obviously Elsa couldn't go, it would be too much stress, and to keep up appearances it was just easier if both princesses didn't go. Wouldn't raise suspicion that way. Jack worried for Elsa, because it was a long trip and her parents were both pillars of support for her. They were the only people who were aware of her powers and the only ones who could even begin to sympathize for her. Except for Jack, but he still couldn't always show his support which frustrated him.

************************************

Again, very sorry it's so short. The whole thing about the Queens if Arendelle and Corona isn't my idea, I saw it on Tumblr somewhere but it stuck because it fits to me. Same with them going to this wedding. Timing fits.