Tower: Book One Archer

Chapter I

It was night but the sky was lit with explosions. Keven woke up to loud groaning and yelling, he hobbled to his feet and started to try to get away, but a small creature with razor sharp claws and teeth jumped him. The creature was about to end him there but a man with a sword 4 feet long sliced the creature in two the man yelled, "Get up boy, or the Liontari clan will get you!"

He then looked to see men with weapons such as swords, bows and spears, begin charging at men running to him. Keven wasted no time he got up to his feet took two steps and tripped flat on his face. the men all started fighting each other and several other creatures around the battle ground. Keven not being able to understand what was going on tried to get away from the countless amount of men grabbing on to him, soon the man with the giant sword grabbed the 16-year-old and threw him in to a wagon that carried him to a building. the building had 3-foot-thick iron doors that were wide open waiting for him, but before he could get in a beast 10 feet tall flipped the wagon and jumped at him the teenager screamed like a 7-year-old girl. He tried to get away, but it grabbed his leg. terrified he threw a large pointed stick into its eye killing it. the man with the long sword made his way to him.

 "I couldn't have done it better myself." He said.

 Keven, panted for air. "You couldn't... you couldn't have wawyh..." and fainted dead away.

Chapter II

While Keven slept he had detailed dreams of himself with his family in their small apartment. He saw his father coming home drunk yelling at him and his sister, Gloria. But his father was not always like this, his mother used to calm his temper. When he gambled away their money and house she left, taking her youngest son Ben with her.

Ben was only two, but even he knew he would never see his father again.

Just then Keven woke up to a boy moistening his head with a damp cloth.

 "He's up, Ronen". The boy shouted.

"Thanks," Robert, a man said. It was the man with the large sword. He approached Keven before he said "So, where you from?" Keven just said, "I'll ask the questions, thank you." Ronen just said, "You answer my questions, then I'll answer yours." Keven said how do I know you won't just leave after I answer your questions Ronen replied your right and started walking away, but Keven said OK I'll tell you. Ronen came and grabbed a chair. Keven started, "I'm from New York but before that I lived in Las Vegas. until my dad gambled our money away, now will you answer my questions. OK said Robert. Keven started by asking how did I get hear, Robert said, "you were chosen by the defender." Keven said, "how come he chose me?" "Because you are compatible." "compatible with what?" Asked Keven. Ronen just smiled and said, "let's find out." he led Keven through three stair cases in to a dark underground room where a purple orb burned. Ronen puled a strand of Keven's her out and throw it into the orb. it instantly turned into a bow and arrow. Ronen handed them to Keven and said, "congratulations archer."

Chapter III

Keven stared at the bow and soon got lost in thought. He used to sit on the roof and shoot at people down below with a sling shot he got in trouble many times but that was years ago Keven resumed asking Ronen questions. He asked, "what is this building?" "It is the tower cumulonimbus but we call it Cumul." "Cumulonimbus, like the cloud?" Keven asked while walking up a stair case. "yes." Keven laughed and said, "what do you guys Shoot lightning at your enemies?" Just then a bolt of lightning flashed outside the nearest window, Keven jumped to the other side of the room, Ronen just kept walking while smirked. "What was that?" Asked Keven. "That was our towers lightning rod; it is enchanted to send lightning to the largest enemy. In one mile it harnesses the electricity from the storm cloud. We built this tower from it shoots every 12 hours unless it is struck by lightning the elder is the one that operates is how is the elder he is the creator of the original foundation of this tower if the tower is destroyed so is he you are not intertwined with your tower until you have been with it for fifty years." "How do you get a tower?" eBay and craigslist." no you get tested by the defender how is this defender you better take a seat theses stories are getting hard to tell well, walking this is not the same realm as you once lived in this realm is like a fairy tale it has creatures like dragons and elf's and other creatures but it also had a sorcerer named lux defensorem that believed that there should be no balance between light and dark there should only be light so he made a plan to destroy the dark fore ever his plans were denied by the light mages, furious he killed the top mages, destroying the mage counsel taking there stones, with them he built a spell that could suck the darkness from anything and send it to another realm but before he could cast the spell a man destroyed the port key the sorcerer yelled if the dark stays it shall destroy the day I will see to that and changed the spell that took the strongest noblest and smartest beings and turned them in to monsters that rise their own minions to destroy everything with light in it the man fought many but was unable to fight them all he soon took the potion to a mage that turned it into a crystal that had much power but it attracted the minions he tried to kill theme with it but it wasn't strong enough so with-it he trapped the monsters in dungeons and kept the minions from escaping with a giant semi sphere force filed and separated the beasts with invisible walls but the crystal had to stay in the force filed so he now abducts people that are compatible with his enchanted weapon, like you. he provides all sees all and rools all in the force filed we must protect this section ore they will take the crystal and destroy it activating it and trapping all the evil in who knows what. but won't that be good now more evil in everything except for one unfortunate sole. ya except without evil there is no good. the sorcerer responsible now goes by Malum tenebris if he is alive no one knows.