Chapter 3

FLASH BACK

I first met Yuki in third grade.

I was just writing about my day in my magic notebook, when suddenly a girl approached me. I remember she had wolf ears.

"What are you writing about?" she asked in that tone all bullies use.

I ignored her and continued writing. That's how I deal with bullies.

"I said, WHAT ARE YOU WRITING?" she asked, louder this time.

I ignored her again.

She gave me an angry glare, then pushed me to the ground.

When I fell with a thud, she pryed my notebook from my hands.

She started reading my notebook out loud. Kids started gathering and laughing. Tears began to fill my eyes.

Then, all of a sudden, another girl came out out of nowhere and said "Put the notebook down. Now."

I looked up at her. She had long black hair, fox ears, and a tail.

Her hands were on her hips and her eyes were cold.

The bully ignored her and continued reading my notebook aloud. I could feel fresh tears streaming down my face.

"I'm going to ask you again to put the notebook down, or I'll hurt you. Severely." the fox girl said, her ears twitching.

"Yeah right, like you can hurt me." the bully said dauntingly.

In response, the fox girl jumped up in the air and did a side kick to the bully's neck, sending her flying.

I was stunned beyond words. That's a move only people with a black belt in karate can do!

The bully was knocked multiple feet away and didn't stop soaring through the air until hitting the wall on the other side of the school.

The mysterious fox girl folded her arms and smiled. "I'm Yuki." she said, offering me a hand.

I looked up at her smiling face, and smiled back at her. "I'm Violet." I said, taking her hand.

FLASH BACK ENDED

From that day on, Yuki was there for me. She was my hero, and my best friend.

She became increasingly popular for her good looks and money.

She was also on the chess tean, the track team, the student council, the computer club, band, orchestra, the debate team, the soccer team, the flag football team, the fencing club, the film club, the pottery club, the ping pong team, the math club, the cheerleading team, AND the theater club.

Every single elective in the school.

On the first day of school, she had went to the front office and signed her name into every club. And every club had accepted her.

Yet she still stayed by me, despite being one grade above me and the most popular person in the school.

I then met Ava, who was also a Kosma and a grade above me. Her dad was the CEO of a major company and people would always deeply respect her, even though all she wanted was a normal life.

Yuki had introduced her to me. They had been best friends since age 3.

It's hard to find Kosma.

I had gone to an elementary school that had only a 7% population of Kosma.

Are you wondering how humans got adjusted to the Kosma, with their strange appearances and whatnot?

Because they never did.

The Kosma were protected by a shielding magic. More on that later.

(Anyway, back to the present, being saved for the 38th time.)

Yuki watched the bully run off, then turned to face me.

"Bullies aside, this school is awesome!" she exclaimed.

I wasn't convinced, but nodded anyway.

"They have 250 clubs at this school! I went completely crazy and signed up for all of them, and they all accepted me." she said proudly.

Apparently, Yuki hasn't changed a bit.

I smiled a little, and just as I was going to put my hand in my pockets, I remembered I was wearing a uniform skirt.

With NO pockets.

I groaned in frustration. "What's wrong?" Yuki asked.

"This whole uniform." I said sadly. "You'll get used to it." she said, smiling. "OH! You should meet my new friends!" she said, grabbing my arm and dragging my through the hallway.

""Where's Ava?" I asked as I was dragged. "She's on her way. Her limo got caught in traffic. I personally think she should hey a better driver."she said.

"But he's top in the country!" I said in disbelief. I'll never understand rich people and their high standards....

When we made it to Yuki's friends, she quickly introduced them.

"This is Will, this is Sarah, that's John, Thomas, Vanessa, Samuel, Max, Amelia...." she said more and more names that I knew I wouldn't remember.

I tried shaking their hands as soon as she said their names, but she was saying them at a rapid speed.

"You have so many friends you might as well introduce me to the whole school." I said.

She smiled at me over her shoulder then continued saying names.

Well that's what I get for being friends with one of the most popular people at school.

Maybe in the world.