Chapter 4

Yuki is actually a celebrity.

Her dad is the founder of Marrero Incorporation, a business that makes beautiful jewelry and accessories.

She models some of the jewelry in her spare time.

However, some of their products contain magic, and are only sold to Kosma. A magic called Zexinol.

I know, it kind of sounds like some kind of human medication.

Here's how Zexinol works: It's a form of disguising magic. The wearer can look human for 30 minutes until it wears off. After the 30 minutes, you have to go to a charging station, which are found in every Marrero store and in some malls, as often as an ATM.

So basically, if you have horns or sharp teeth, it will vanish for half an hour if you wear the "Vanish" product. They come in different appearances.

You can wear Zexinol in a necklace, earings, a choker, etc.

These products are sold in secret, invisible Marrero stores that can only be seen by Kosma.

So as a result, Yuki's dad got famous and rich because of his human and Kosma products.

Anyway, I slipped out of that introducing situation and quickly walked away.

I took out my phone and texted Ava "WHERE ARE YOU?!?!?"

"Look up." she texted back.

I looked up and saw her, then rushed towards her and hugged her with so much force she almost fell over.

"AVA!!!" I shouted happily. "Violet, your killing me." she said.

I continued smiling and hugging her. "No really I can't breathe." she said with a faint voice.

I quickly let go and apologized frantically. She took a deep breath then laughed.

"It's fine. I missed you too." she said with a smile.

"Me too." I said, feeling good to see her after such a long time.

"You guys are so luck to be sophomores. No one will even try to bully you." I said sadly.

She patted my back. "It's it's ok, Yuki and I have your back. Speaking of Yuki, let's go find her."