3 / thump!

⚪⚪⚪

⚪⚪⚪

CASSANDRA CAIN WAS TIRED. After Jason's incident, everyone has been on edge, waiting for something worse to happen.

They were still waiting.

Cassandra hiked her bag higher up on her shoulder, taking a left in the intersection, crossing the road to reach home. Her hair curled around her chin, her hairline sharp against her olive jaw. Her eyes were trained on the grimy streets of Gotham, until a shadow passed hers.

Cassandra froze, and hand falling on her shoulder. She grabbed it, twisting it as she pinned the person's hand to his back.

"You chose the wrong -- " Cassandra tilted her head at the person's scalp. She reached forward, her fingertips brushing over the cut slicing through the nape of the man's neck, ending halfway through his hair.

She remembered it because she gave it to him.

She released the man. "Jason?"

Jason turned around, an apologetic grin crossing his features. "Hey, sis."

Cassandra let out a short breath, before bringing her knee up to Jason's crotch. Jason barely flinched. Cass looked down, to find her leg being blocked by another man in a hoodie, tufts of red hair peeking out of his hood. His eyes were dark.

"Sorry, sweetheart," the man released her leg, "only I can do that."

"Gee," Jason said, "Thanks. I guess."

The man gave Jason a triumphant grin. "You're welcome."

"Jason," Cassandra sighed. "Bruce will -- "

"I know he'll know. But I need your help."

Cassandra twisted the keys in her palm. "Why is it always me?"

"Come on, sis," Jason grinned, "You know you're my favourite."

"Yeah," she snorted, "That helps. Come on, let's get your fugitive ass off the streets."

Jason gave Roy a look, before the duo followed Cass deeper into Gotham.

From above, a bird watched in the shadows.

⚪⚪⚪

CASSANDRA SHUT THE DOOR, TOSSING THE KEYS ONTO THE TABLE.

"Nice place you have here," the man commented. Cassandra didn't react, simply locking the deadbolt on her door. "Manners, much?"

"Dude," Jason deadpanned, "don't."

Roy shrugged.

Jason shook his head. "I swear -- "

"I swear, what?" Cassandra placed another lock on the door, snapping it shut.